Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid, i've sent you a mail with the file for the last issues. Please have a look if you can, thanks!

• johnsmith vurzu - Thanks for your patience. I was going to wait to respond until I had a fix or a resolution, but it's taking longer than I expected. I'm wrapping up a Spriter 2 build, but I should be able to get to these by the middle of next week, and hopefully sooner. Thanks for sending the examples, btw.

• lucid No problem, thanks for looking into it, will wait patiently ;)

• Hi lucid, if there's any chance that we could get the option to remove a specific character map in an event, that would make me (and perhaps many others) very happy!

I absolutely love working with character maps in C3, but removing them all and re-appending the "active" ones is getting hard to do with many combinations.

Cheers!

• Thanks again for your patience everyone.

vurzu - I think I found the source of your issues, and I sent them in a reply to your email

johnsmith :

2-4-2021

• fixed bug where overrides applied during blends wouldn't work correctly
    • optimized frame changing by removing unnecessary frame change attempts

captainsteff - That's definitely something I can look into for the next build. If you happen to already have or you can quickly create a project where there's a character that has a bunch of character maps applied to them already with events, please link here or send to me at lucidexd@brashmonkey.com. It would be super helpful.

• Hi lucid, thanks for the new update. For some reason, I've got a significant performance boost from your new update.

Since you're probably busy with Spriter 2, I've updated the plugin's latest version for compliance with the new advanced closure compiler requirements. I've listed here the ones that I've slightly appended.

Also since the new closure compiler has a debugger for undefined references, I've changed a few typos as well. Kindly review them if it's to your standards.

1. objInfo > objInf
    2. speedRatio > this.speedRatio

Here's the updated plugin.

Thank you.

• Thanks to Chadori for this update :

2-6-2021

• updated the plugin for compliance with the new advanced closure compiler requirements (minification)
    • fixed a bug that would cause the game to become unresponsive when using the expression 'playToTimeLeft'

-

Hi lucid, thanks for the new update. For some reason, I've got a significant performance boost from your new update.

That's probably thanks to avoiding attempting sprite frame changes when not needed.

Thanks for doing this. That was super helpful!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • captainsteff (thanks for the example project, btw):

2-6-2021b

• Added Remove Character Map action to remove a single character map
  • lucid Brilliant! Thanks a lot!

• johnsmith :

2-4-2021

• fixed bug where overrides applied during blends wouldn't work correctly
    • optimized frame changing by removing unnecessary frame change attempts

Thank you very much Lucid ! :)

• A small-ish request I figured I'd post here: would it be possible to add a "color" option to the Scml object, to uniformly tint it - like the Sprite object? Thank you.

• Hi lucid. I've got a weird issue with containers going on. The first and last instances of Spriter objects in Construct 3 have the same container siblings if you load a layout, leave, and return. There's also a related issue where destroying said objects (which you can do in the attached example by hovering the mouse over them) causes a softlock if you reload a previously visited layout (which you can do by left clicking). This all seems to be related to the previously mentioned container issue.

Example is attached. An assist on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

dropbox.com/s/civrmzk1pc1qkoq/Spriter%20Container%20Issue.c3p

• A small-ish request I figured I'd post here: would it be possible to add a "color" option to the Scml object, to uniformly tint it - like the Sprite object? Thank you.

Hi lucid. I've got a weird issue with containers going on. The first and last instances of Spriter objects in Construct 3 have the same container siblings if you load a layout, leave, and return. There's also a related issue where destroying said objects (which you can do in the attached example by hovering the mouse over them) causes a softlock if you reload a previously visited layout (which you can do by left clicking). This all seems to be related to the previously mentioned container issue.

Example is attached. An assist on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/civrmzk1pc1qkoq/Spriter%20Container%20Issue.c3p?dl=0

I will look into these. Thanks for the example file.

You can use the SetColor effect on C3 and it will do exactly that. However, you need to make sure in Spriter that the collision box is set to envelope the whole sprite for all animations or it will only color what's inside the collision area.

• RiledUp42 - just an update. I looked into this and I found the source of the issue is a bug with the C3 SDK. I at'd Ashley in a new thread about it and I will report back here when I get a resolution.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)