Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Any ETA on support for C3 runtime?

• Any ETA on support for C3 runtime?

Time estimates are always a very bad idea for software development. It's going to happen, and we're trying to make it happen sooner rather than later.

• Time estimates are always a very bad idea for software development.

This is the worst answer that you can give to your paying customers... Should we expect something this year or not?

• About a year ago in the trailer you showed not bad technical capabilities of the spriter 2, but at the moment it is actually empty. It's a shame that you promised a demo version last year, but we got a super alpha version.

• work has begun on it, but it's too early to be able to estimate how much time it will take to get it fully working and at the moment effort must be divided between this and several other high priority tasks including Spriter 2 development. The best we can tell you is we're long time Construct users, and are personally interested and invested in supporting the C3 runtime. We just recently released the full Basic Platformer Engine which will clearly benefit greatly from C3 runtime support. We'll definitely share more concrete news as soon as we can, and we're pretty confident it will be before 2020.

• Hi everyone. Just an update on the status of the C3 runtime version of the addon. We're currently testing it. The runtimes have quite a few differences to take into consideration, so there may still be many issues we haven't found yet. If you want to help test it:

This is not yet an officially supported build, and most likely still contains bugs. Please don't base your important game around this version of the plugin, and backup any projects before adding this to them. Report any bugs here, please. Thanks for your patience.

download here

• That's great news lucid. Will you be going through this and finally release the stable?

Will try it out myself soon and look for bugs when I get the time. To lighten the load and help out at least. Thanks for the hard work!

• Hi lucid. I was planning to test, but it seems there is no file. I also tried confirming it with the others, and they can reproduce. Can you fix this, Thanks.

• Not sure what's going on with the addon downloads, so I'll just dropbox it for now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please download here

and yes , as soon as we iron out the remaining bugs, I'll release as stable.

• i looked at your todo comments.

you can try it as in the screenshot.

• Thanks I had found the UpdateRender(), but hadn't seen the ZIndices one yet. Also you can do GetRuntime() instead of _runtime. I'm pending over whether to include them at all. They were to fix a bug that occurred in C2 and I'm not sure yet if they're needed in the C3 Runtime.

• The C3 runtime version is now in beta:

• Fixed a whole lot of bugs, freezes, general nonsense

Download here

This appears to be fully working with our Platformer Engine, which is is a pretty wide ranging test of many features. We will be marking this version stable after we fix any remaining issues the community finds in the next couple of weeks. Enjoy!

• Finally! Great news!

Did a quick test from one of our projects and everything is looking good so far, even the character maps!

Awesome and thanks again for finally taking the time to do what you where supposed to do ;-)

• Great news about the C3 runtime beta plug-in! Thanks a lot for that!

I've finally been able to switch to the C3 runtime thanks to it.

Bug report: I'm using a lot of transparency in my sprites, especially on the borders of the image, and the transparent areas seems to be blackened somehow. Here is an image showing you the correct version on the left (C2 runtime) and the bugged version on the right (C3 runtime).

Don't pay attention to the background which isn't 100% the same, just look at the black "outline" around the arm, hand, and every separated part of the scml object.

Thanks again! :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks Rable - try this version

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)