Sprit Font loads in debug but isn't visible on-screen - why?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hi,

For some reason my Sprite Font object won't load.

These are the events:

Here's a sample file: quackgyver.com/junk/font_test.c3p

Anyone know why this won't display?

Thanks in advance.

• in the spritefont properties, you have to set the character size (which for your font should be 7x9)

and you have to tell it what the character set is (which letters appear in your font, and what order they are in), which for your font is:

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~

(note the first character before the ! is a space character, so don't forget it or all your letters will be off by one.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • in the spritefont properties, you have to set the character size (which for your font should be 7x9)

and you have to tell it what the character set is (which letters appear in your font, and what order they are in), which for your font is:

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~

(note the first character before the ! is a space character, so don't forget it or all your letters will be off by one.)

I have. Everything's been set up as intended.

• There's no spritefont instances placed anywhere in the project, and none of the events specify a character set. So Construct doesn't know what the sprite font character set is. Just drop in an instance to a layout (even an unused layout) and it will work.

To make this easier I've updated Construct revert to defaults in this case, if none are placed in the project. But it means you have to use the default character set.

Also note the events appear to have the same problem as this thread (creating an object in a sub-event, then trying to use it in a sibling event).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)