Splash Screen Render Size?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hi,

I have:

-Viewport Size 720x1080 with scale outer

-One "Splash Screen icon" 720x1080

-Then the same "Splash Screen" 720x1080 as sprite PNG in a "Layout Logo"

So the idea was that first, it shows the splash screen icon and then when it moves to the logo layout which has the same exact logo as PNG, you will not notice that you switched from "Splash Screen" to "Layout Logo" as they have the exact same pictures and sizes. But the problem is that the splash screen shows the logo smaller so when it goes to the "layout Logo" you notice the switch as the logo gets bigger.

Is there any way to set the "Splash Screen" icon size to the size that you would normally get if you would have placed that png on any layout?

or

vice-versa how can I set the size of the Logo PNG that I use in the "Layout Logo" to match the size that the "Splash Screen" displays it

Any of those will work for me

I tested many things like making the PNGs bigger 2048x2048 but didn't help

I also tried making the layer scale rate = 0% but it didn't help

This is for mobiles as I cannot use the custom "loader layout" as it's not supported on mobiles or NWjs and I'm also currently testing in a Samsung Galaxy S8

Here is a video showing the issue:

The first smaller logo you see is the Splash screen and the second one is one in the layout

I think you need to download the video to see it properly as it doesn't display it correctly dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a36nxytp0zk2u7t/Splash%20Screen%20Issue.mp4?dl=0

Here is the project

dropbox.com/s/cy5kxp7mzkbq6dj/Splash%20Screen%20Issues.c3p

• i think this is quite tricky to achieve, the cordova splashscreen activity is started with the navigation bar loaded, so the "resolution" for the rest is not the same as when your actual projects is loaded afterwards.

If you would create an app with navigation bar and status bar always shown it would be easy since then it would be the same.

I can also give you a hint that regardess of the size you have on your splash it will be exported as a centered 1920x1920

The best thing is to have the splash totally different than the game, or if you have a "lightweight" project you can remove the splashcsreen plugin totally and let the app load directly into the project.

• if you turn off the splash fading, change the splash image into the same image as the logo, amend the theme to go fullscreen and disable the actionbar, then the difference will be really small but you will always see a slight "glitch" when it changes into the actual project.

• i think this is quite tricky to achieve, the cordova splashscreen activity is started with the navigation bar loaded, so the "resolution" for the rest is not the same as when your actual projects is loaded afterwards.

If you would create an app with navigation bar and status bar always shown it would be easy since then it would be the same.

I can also give you a hint that regardess of the size you have on your splash it will be exported as a centered 1920x1920

Many Thanks fredriksthlm

Sadly it's not easy, I was hoping that maybe Ashley can give some mathematical calculations to set the logo in the layout to the same size of the Splash Screen or make an extra setting to scale the Splash Screen to the Project Settings (Viewport Size + Full-screen Mode) so it sets the size the same as if it were placed in any layout.

The easiest is to use the custom loader layout which is the one I have been using till now but is not supported.

I tried to play with all the sizes that they mentioned and more But no luck:

The best thing is to have the splash totally different than the game, or if you have a "lightweight" project you can remove the splashcsreen plugin totally and let the app load directly into the project.

It looks like the best thing, for now, is to disable the Splash Screen and make the Logo on the first Layout until better solutions come out in the future, this will create the black screen for a few seconds in the beginning but at least it will work consistently across (iOS & Android) so it will behave the same in all the platforms. Though I have to test it first as it is heavy loading (Arrays + Art) 50+ MB and it will be updated with more content in the future.

if you turn off the splash fading, change the splash image into the same image as the logo, amend the theme to go fullscreen and disable the actionbar, then the difference will be really small but you will always see a slight "glitch" when it changes into the actual project.

I haven't seen any settings for Splash Fading?

Thanks again for the help

• Isn't that still weird though since the manual entry for storyboard splash icons indicates that the image would be cropped and centered, not scaled? So the image shouldn't change sizes, even if the viewport size/resolution changes. At most it would be shifted a bit.

Or perhaps it is the "fake" splash screen image that shouldn't be scaled. Have you tried that and see if it matches?

• Isn't that still weird though since the manual entry for storyboard splash icons indicates that the image would be cropped and centered, not scaled? So the image shouldn't change sizes, even if the viewport size/resolution changes. At most it would be shifted a bit.

Or perhaps it is the "fake" splash screen image that shouldn't be scaled. Have you tried that and see if it matches?

Exactly that's whats I thought and I've been trying to do that but doesn't matter what I do they never match.

I tried also to not scale the Logo PNG on the layout by setting it to ( 0% Scale rate for the layer where the logo is placed) but nothing helps despite that the two PNGs are the exact same size.

They must use different Calculations for setting the Splash Screen size because by logyc if we use the same picture PNG on both sides without scaling then it should match but maybe as fredriksthlm mentioned is that when the splash screen shows up the status bar is still active at the top so the Screen size its smaller and that may be the one causing the different sizes for the splash screen I guess but honestly, I have no clue what's happening. It looks like it's a simple thing that should work out of the box, very weird.

• I think the scale rate only affects the system set scale actions, not the scaling from fullscreen scaling mode. So I was thinking just turn fullscreen scaling off completely for the logo page, but then I don't think that works at all on mobile.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think the scale rate only affects the system set scale actions, not the scaling from fullscreen scaling mode. So I was thinking just turn fullscreen scaling off completely for the logo page, but then I don't think that works at all on mobile.

Hoh, I think you are right, I might misunderstood the manual as I thought all the scales are included but yeah it looks like only affects the system Scale.

Thanks, good catch

turn fullscreen scaling off completely for the logo page

I don't think we can do that independently in one layout is in it? It's more like you turn that setting for the whole project or On but I never saw that setting individually per layout but I haven't used C3 much so maybe I missed it.

• I don't think you can. It would be off for the whole project and then you request full screen on leaving the logo layout via the browser object. I also don't think you can go without a l full screen mode for mobile exports so that's not really a solution anyway.

You can try filing a bug report - logo images not behaving as expected on splash screen. If you follow the guidelines, it's probably the fastest most straightforward way to get a response from the devs. Even if it isn't a bug or something they can't change, at least they tell you why and might offer an alternate solution.

• I don't think you can. It would be off for the whole project and then you request full screen on leaving the logo layout via the browser object. I also don't think you can go without an l full screen mode for mobile exports so that's not really a solution anyway.

You can try filing a bug report - logo images not behaving as expected on splash screen. If you follow the guidelines, it's probably the fastest most straightforward way to get a response from the devs. Even if it isn't a bug or something they can't change, at least they tell you why and might offer an alternate solution.

I see

Yeah I think that's the only possible solution to fill up a bug so at least they can an accurate what's going on, I didn't do it as I thought to save them time to go through the bug report by maybe posting a solution here though maybe I would do that at the end or just disable for completely and leave the black screen at the splash screen for now.

Anyway, thanks for the help really appreciate it ))

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)