Speech Synthesis Issues.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Customizable speech bubble dialogue system! With this dialogue system, you can finally have speech bubbles in your game!
  • Hi everyone.

I made an app with the speech synthesis plugin. For some reason the doesn't work on anything except Windows.

Does anybody else have the same problem? I chacked it on Android (Galaxy Note 9) + IOS (Iphone XR). For some reason, I didn't find any references for this issue.

Did anyone have any experience with it? Is it just a bug, or maybe the plugin doesn't suit mobile?

Hereattached- The app: https://www.construct.net/en/free-online-games/rmpictunery-8593/play

Ran

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update- I realized that the issue is bigger then I thought, after I tried to run the Speech Synthesis example on my devices. It didn't work and additionaly it didn't work on an Ipad pro either. I also didn't get any support problems- It doesn't say there is no support on these devices.

I'm working on four different progects simulteniosely and they all need Speech Synthesis. Should I just insert the different words menualy by audio files?

Ran

• The audio engine, on iOS, requires a user input first to be initialized.

You should try to play a sound once your player has touched the screen (for example a sprite button) and then you likely could use speech synthesis.

The fact that the example are buggy on your device seems to indicate your device's support as the issue.

In doubt, please post a bug report to the GitHub issue tracker here:

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs

You must follow the bug report guidelines or your issue will be closed without investigation.

• Thank you!

I chacked it just to make sure by trying the built in Speech Synthesis example.

It seems not to work at all so I filed a bug report.

• UPDATE-

I submitted the issue and it seems that for now there is no solution to the problem.

It seems that the mobile browsers are the problem and the C3 team cannot control it.

Alas, I noticed that I was able to use speech synthesis on other webapps with my phone, so maybe there are ways to bypass the problem or to create a different C3 plugin for mobile speech synthesis.

It is way far for my scope, but I'll be glad to know if there will be a solution in the future.

• Greetings, do we have a solution for TTS, which only works on the web?

• Greetings, do we have a solution for TTS, which only works on the web?

Yes, the Speech Synthesis plugin.

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/speech-synthesis

• Regards,

I have not succeeded with Android from the browser it is possible but when creating APK it is not compatible

Thank you.

• caniuse.com

This chart indicates that android browser does not support Speech synthesis, indeed. Nevertheless, Chrome does, even on mobile.

Android browser is part of older OSes like Android 4.0 and Android 5.0

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)