About spawners that follow the camera.

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hi,

I'm planning to use Construct 3 for fast prototyping, but there are some things that I can't figure out.

I'm trying to build a PoC of a Jumper game like doodle Jump... I usually in Unity create 2 objects that are children of the camera, so they follow naturally the camera movement, 1 at the top, for spawning new platforms and one at the bottom for collecting the platforms and kill/reuse the objects. Both are outside the camera so the created new ones appear naturally and the ones at the bottom don't disappear abruptly.

The idea is that the Character bounces from platform to platform going higher and the camera follows him.

How I would I go to implement something like this in Construct 3? How would I got to reuse the platform as object that are created at run time?

Didn't put this in "How I do this?" because it had many questions in it, feel free to move it if you think it belongs there.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For the camera you add the 'scroll to' behaviour to the player object that is jumping. Game camera then follows the player at runtime. As for the objects you can use system create object to create platforms at run time but I guess this will be used alongside other conditions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)