Sounds not working

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I added the Audio and imported the files in the Sounds folder. The sound will play as a preview, but not during the game. Thoughts??

• ...but not during the game.

By this, do you mean after exporting the game?

• No sound will play when running the game in the editor or after exporting it. But it will play if I click the sound file (in the editor) and preview it.

• What's the audio format and the size of your sound?

Does this happen to any sound you import into the project?

• The original sound file is a .wav file I downloaded in an asset pack from here. I also tried another that I downloaded from a different site. They seem to import fine. I tried different bit rates also.

File size is 24kb for the original file. If I double click the file in the editor (under the sounds folder) I get this window. The sound plays fine here but not when I run the game.

When I add the Audio to the events I get this window, and the sound also plays here.

I assumed I was not doing something correct in this event settings window.

I also tried adding sounds in other places but none will play when the game is running. Thanks for the help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I opened one of the tutorial project templates (the space fighter one) and copied one on the sound files into my project and it worked fine. :-/

It must be the original files or the importing of them. Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)