(solved) Hi guys, I am in dire need of help here. :-/

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • (solved problem)

My latest project save on the cloud corrupted my file for reasons I do not know.

When I try to open the file it says 'project saved with future release of C3' - even if I enable beta tests it just says it cannot open the file?

It is a long time since I made a backup file of my project, so I am a little broken on the though of making it all over again.

Can I find auto backups in C3?

Thanks. Mikkel

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should make back ups. Do you definitely have the latest version of C3 installed, if so what version? Also there's a chance it's not properly installed due to browser or cache issues. Share the file maybe someone can open it. Worst case maybe Ashley can attempt to recover it.

• It is almost a full game now and I would be a little sorry to let it out to the public now. What favor can I do for Sir Ashley to let him have a look at it? :)

Btw, I guess my C3 is automatically or did I miss something?

Cheers

• Just saying you may have saved it on a beta on one device and now you are on stable, what version is it showing? I didn't see that error before so I am just going off that. You can bring Ashley to the post, he might be able to recover something. Also it's a full game and you don't have back ups?

• The "project saved with future release of C3" message appears if you do something like save a project in r150 and then try to open it in r148. That's normal.

If you get a different error opening your project in the latest release then you can email it to ashleypus@scirra.com and I'll see if it can be recovered. However I must warn you:

- it's not always possible (it might be unrecoverable)

- you should keep regular backups anyway

- if a Construct bug caused a project corruption, we cannot fix the problem that did this (so it might happen again) unless we have a full bug report, including steps to reproduce etc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)