SOLVED: My game won't load on iOS 15 (iPhone 6s, 7, 8)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A pack contains high quality game backgrounds for 2D video games. With 15 distinct themes
  • This bug appears on iOS 15. It is not present on newer iOS versions, however a bunch of older Apple devices that are still widely used cannot be updated and your game might not run on those.

Sometimes, the exported game doesn't start after it's been fully loaded. If you have a custom loader layout enabled the 'On loader layout complete' trigger will fire, but the game never actually goes to the next layout. The bug occurs regardless of what loader style you use, but never happens if you run the game from the remote preview.

FIX: Go to the project settings and set 'Max spritesheet size' to 4096.

Posting on the forum so more people see how to fix this. I will submit the bug report later as I don't have any apple devices on me right now (luckily).

anyway, think differently folks and don't do drugs

• Changing the max spritesheet size just changes the size and number of exported images in your project. It's hard to see how that would affect anything, unless the problem was in fact something like running out of memory, and adjusting the spritesheet size allowed more efficient use of memory.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Changing the max spritesheet size just changes the size and number of exported images in your project. It's hard to see how that would affect anything, unless the problem was in fact something like running out of memory, and adjusting the spritesheet size allowed more efficient use of memory.

Thank you for the reply. I'm currently trying to reproduce the issue and it only happens in projects with a lot of large sprites, but I haven't figure out what's the exact limit yet. Changing the max spritesheet size to 4096 fixes the issue every time though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)