Snapshot delay

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi to everyone!

I want to take a snapshot of current layout in order to use it as background for a menu, when the user clicks to go to the menu.

So, I do System -> Take snapshot of canvas, wait action to complete and then, go to "menu layout". There, On start of layout -> set background image from url "CanvasSnapshot". (Just like Construct's example at start page.)

On desktop, this procedure in my project works fine, without any delay. Also when I preview your example both on desktop or mobile (android), it works fine, too.

But... when I run my project on android, it takes 3-4 seconds in order to take the snapshot before going to next layout. What is responsible for this delay? Is there something I can do in order to reduce the delay of taking a snapshot?

See this example:

drive.google.com/open

(It is construct's Space Blaster, with a snapshot button added in order to show you what I mean. On desktop works fine, on android not)

Thank you very much!

Tagged:

• I have exactly the same issue. It seems like a very long delay (3-4 seconds). Setting the JPEG quality to 0 has no affect on the speed either.

Did you find an answer?

• I think this is a Chrome bug, either crbug.com/1025695 (fixed) or crbug.com/1053477 (in progress).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try to disable any physics, particles, sine behavior etc, and then take the screenshot. It worked for me this way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)