Slower saving times in r327 stable version

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Times Table. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • There is a lot of graphics in my project (over 13K images). So whenever I make any changes to sprites, it takes about a minute to save the project. I'm guessing this is because Construct has to re-index all those files, or perhaps re-add them to the c3p archive.

However, in the previous stable version, when I made changes only in event sheets, saving was almost instant. Which was great, because I mostly work with code.

In the new stable version it doesn't matter if I change events or sprites, saving always take the same amount of time - the progress slowly crawls from 0% to 40% and then speed up to 100%. So looks like image files are always re-indexed/re-added in the archive.

Ashley Can this be optimized?

• It's difficult to comment as there is little for me to go on here. As ever we need all the information requested by the bug report guidelines because we need all that information for it to be possible for us to investigate issues.

Is it a folder based project? If you're saving a single file project I would expect saves to be slow with such a large project. Folder based projects are designed to be able to save much quicker.

• It's a single file project. Like I said, saving was very fast if no changes were made to any images. I assume, this means that Construct was not updating the images folder in the zip.

Perhaps now with Zip64, the editor doesn't perform this optimization and re-packs all files every time.

• It doesn't really make any sense because saving a single-file project always saves all the files every time. Only folder-based projects allow partial saves that only write changed files.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, Ashley, you are right, turned out that almost instant saving time was with the folder project. (I need more sleep)

Still saving to a single file in r327 is now slower than it was in r317. Same project on the same PC takes 26 seconds versus 11 seconds in r317. Which made me suspect that there was something wrong. I guess this is how Zip64 works, so it's not a big problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)