Shall I move to C3 ? Pro & Con

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Move Block
$10 USD
Captivating puzzle game. With challenging gameplay, this game will keep you very engaged.
  • Hello Everyone

I'm using C2 for mobile app, currently is C2 + XDK + Cordova + Android studio.

I want to confirm that... if I moved to C3, I can..

1. Using current C2 file on C3 ?

2. No more need XDK+ Cordova + Android studio for App create (APK & iOS files) ?

3. Plugin from C2 are availbe for C3 ,right ? such as litetween, IAP, App-rate, Chipmunk Physic, Rex, Ultimate ads .. etc...

Pls kindly confirm...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello Everyone

I'm using C2 for mobile app, currently is C2 + XDK + Cordova + Android studio.

I want to confirm that... if I moved to C3, I can..

1. Using current C2 file on C3 ?

2. No more need XDK+ Cordova + Android studio for App create (APK & iOS files) ?

3. Plugin from C2 are availbe for C3 ,right ? such as litetween, IAP, App-rate, Chipmunk Physic, Rex, Ultimate ads .. etc...

Pls kindly confirm...

1. Yes, although if the plugins you're using aren't supported, this won't work (see 3, below).

2. I'm not sure about the build process for iOS, but yeah you can build APKs with Construct's service directly, and it's pretty straightforward. I sure never missed XDK after switching to C3.

3. That depends on the specific plugins you're using. The plugin architecture is different in C3, so each C2 plugin must be ported to C3 for it to work. Not all of the 3rd party ones are going to have C3 versions (though yours might - you need to dig around yourself to verify this). There was also a free tool floating around that could port C2 plugins to C3, but I'm not sure how well it works or if it's still up to date. Again, this is something you need to research for yourself, but it should be pretty easy to search the forums for updates to each of the plugins you're using.

Plugin considerations aside, C3 is a hands-down superior product in terms of workflow and usability, and it's been getting some nice feature updates lately, so if you continue using Construct for future projects I'd suggest upgrading then even if you decide not to now.

• If you focus on mobile and web games, then yes, you should move to C3.

Slowly, but sure, it will surpass C2 (already does in some parts).

You can still use C2, but things are more simplified with C3.

For me, the subscription wall keeps me to C2. The price is decent (around 8€/month) for what C3 offers, but there are months when I don't open C2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)