Server Caching / Auto Update issues

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Has anyone comes across any issues with their game not downloading the latest version of their code when stored online?

I found this thread from 3 years ago, where Ashley says "That probably means the server caching settings are wrong, which is the problem you should be solving instead." but I've tried 3 different web servers and still get the error from time to time.

I often run my code from OBS's Browser plugin, which seems to store cache indefinitely, which is a pain, but when I do download the latest version of my code, all of the sprites are wrong, as though it's loading from the wrong spritesheet.

The only way I've been able to fix this is to delete the offline and sw files, forcing a new download every time, but this is far from an adaquate solution.

Anyone experienced anything like this before? I'd love to finally have a solution.

• To clarify, the software appears to download correctly, as the version number is changing, but it's not downloading the new images and overwriting the old ones.

I get something like this:

Is there any reason why it wouldn't replace the old images?

• I was excited to see someone had the exact same issue I had... 5 year ago (?!?!?), and was very quickly disappointed to see that they didn't have a decent resolution.

See here

• Saying that, I'm actually getting a slightly different error now.

My program grabs a log file from a website. If the file contains specific data, it does something with it. Once done, it deletes the file on the server via a php file I set up.

I can run the software, see the action take place, then check out my server to see that it is indeed deleted.

HOWEVER, when I restart the program, it somehow finds and downloads that data AGAIN! Even though it's deleted from my server. How is that possible? Is it somehow grabbing from a cache instead?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Without any familiarity with the issue in detail, this sounds like an issue with your OBS browser and their forums would be a better place to ask.

Does this happen in Chrome?

• Yes, I've seen it happen in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc... However, it's hardest to manage in OBS.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)