Is there a way to make selecting objects in a cluttered scene easier?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
3D Rendered, High Resolution elements to create an apocalytic scene or war zone
  • Hey, so I'm finding it a bit challenging when I have a lot of objects overlapping in one area (top-down iso style) and want to select and move things around. Right now it feels like it could be a bit more streamlined. While tab+click works to select objects below other objects, as soon as you try to move it with the mouse, it automatically selects the top item in the z-order again. At the moment, the only way I know of moving these objects is by using the arrow keys which is a lot slower than dragging with the mouse.

The other thing that's getting me is that clicking on a sprite's transparent space selects that object. I can understand why this is the case, but it can make selecting objects frustrating if clustered together (and I need to leave extra space around certain sprites due to a wind effect, which exacerbates this issue).

Is there a key or something that can be held down when dragging a selected object that will prevent the selection resetting?

Cheers

• You can make use of layers and lock them

• well yeah, I know that, but I'm not going to go creating a bunch of layers for instances of the same type.

• After selecting the object, some options include shift+arrow keys to move them faster, or just type in the coordinates in the properties.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • shift+arrow keys to move them faster.

This is what I needed! Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)