screen does not automatically rotate [Android]

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • I just created my game and created my apk. On mobile the game is working normally but the screen does not rotate automatically. It is meant to be played horizontally but it does not turn.

Tagged:

• Did you specify your Orientations in your Project Properties?

• Lancifer, Boy I wish that worked.

Or at least it doesn't work when I attempt to preview with remote view using the QR code.

Does setting it to landscape only work once you export it as an Android file and then upload it to the phone?

• you say your game is supposed to be horizontal but your view-port aspect ratio is portrait (9:16)?

<edit> just ignore me its been a long day...

• you say your game is supposed to be horizontal but your view-port aspect ratio is portrait (9:16)?

If you're referring to me, my screenshot was only an example to show the OP where the relevant setting was.

• > you say your game is supposed to be horizontal but your view-port aspect ratio is portrait (9:16)?

If you're referring to me, my screenshot was only an example to show the OP where the relevant setting was.

Oh! oops .. ok then strike that.....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe I should have taken the time to correct the settings so as not to confuse anyone. But, it's all good. ;)

dazedangels, not that I'm aware of. It's always worked for me. Does your phone have rotation enabled in the settings?

• dazedangels, not that I'm aware of. It's always worked for me. Does your phone have rotation enabled in the settings?

Thank you for your response.

I'm find it easier to explain issues visually, please bear with me.

The first image is a Mahjong game.

The game is set in landscape mode. It doesn’t matter if my phone is set to auto rotate, landscape or portrait, no matter how I turn my phone the game stays in landscape.

https://emailedee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Mahjong-Game-750x487.jpg

The second image is a game I'm making with C3. It was created in landscape mode. However the phone dictates how the game is displayed. If I have my phone locked in portrait mode the game doesn’t display correctly. If I put my phone in auto rotate mode, the game changes depending on how I hold the phone.

https://emailedee.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/my-game.jpg

The Mahjong game doesn't require the player to put their phone in any mode - it always stays in landscape. That's what I need. The game to always stay in landscape, regardless of how the phone is set or the way the phone moves.

How do I get the game to stay in landscape mode regardless of the phone settings - like the mahjong game? Does that only happen after the game is exported to an Android game?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)