Score Text to New Layout

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • I have a 3 layout game.

Start Page

Game Page

End Page

On Game Page I have set two global variables:

Coins

Score

When the game ends upon collision, the user is sent to END layout. I want to display the score for the round that just ended on this page also. I've set both score and coins text to global.

Only issue is, that, the very first time when the game ends, the SCORE doesn't show up. However, when I replay, and every subsequent time, when the game ends, the score shows up alright.

Can someone tell me why it fails to display only for the first time?

This game is actually modification of the flappy bird - construct3 template.

Tagged:

• Without the file, can only guess. Please share the file. I guess it's not catching a set text to Score event.

• Hi, here's the URL for the file:

[deleted file]

Just to be clear. I'm not from a programming background. Have just started with Construct 3.

• It's a layer problem. Look at the Game layout, it has 2 layers : 0 and 1, the End layout just has 1 layer : 0. The text doesn't show properly because of the missing layer 1 on End layout so it drops behind the balloon art. Add an extra layer called Scores to End layout, similar to what's there when you look at the Game layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's a layer problem. Look at the Game layout, it has 2 layers : 0 and 1, the End layout just has 1 layer : 0. The text doesn't show properly because of the missing layer 1 on End layout so it drops behind the balloon art. Add an extra layer called Scores to End layout, similar to what's there when you look at the Game layout.

Phew!!! It worked. I did what you suggested as well as sorted the Z Order. And it's all good now. I've beaten my head so much around the code trying to find out what's wrong and it turned out to be so silly on my part.

Thanks for your help!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)