scirra signalling server not working

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • hi,

i bought the scirra signalling server from the store but it is not connecting

i installed it then run it (on my local machine for testing) and it says its running and showing peers are connected but in construct triggers are not working, this is my problem:

"on connected to signalling server" condition is not working but "is connected to signalling server" is showing true

log in and join room is like this too . triggers are not working but "is"conditions are working!

why is that ?

can Ashley help me?

edite: i think the one on the store is not updated to the last version

• Ashley ? please help me

• The problem makes no sense. The trigger fires before changing the "is connected" state. I would guess this is simply a mistake in your events. I can't tell any better without more information.

• The problem makes no sense. The trigger fires before changing the "is connected" state. I would guess this is simply a mistake in your events. I can't tell any better without more information.

thanks for the answer.

i test it a little more and it seems messages can not be send via signalling server to the construct.

do i need to use wss for the websocket to work or do ws working normally ? (i use ws for testing)

trigger "on connected" look for the welcome message from signalling but "is connected" just look at ws.onopen .

please if you know anything about this tell me.

• ok i test it more and here is the result:

custom signalling server is running...

on mobile with chrome its working. (ok)

on nw.js export on pc its working (ok)

on preview/html-export on chrome/edge on pc its not working (not ok) (scirra signalling wss is working)

on another pc on the same network its not working (not ok) (scirra signalling wss is working)

on the server itself its working (ok)

__

but why its like this ?

why its working on nw.js export but not on html export or preview ?

what is your guess Ashley ?

• The problem was chrome and firefox blocking the websocket with WS but WSS is fine!

So i have to just use secure websocket with WSS

Thanks.

• FYI that is mentioned in the signalling server description:

purchasing an SSL certificate to encrypt the connection to the signalling server, which improves connectivity for some devices

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • FYI that is mentioned in the signalling server description:

> purchasing an SSL certificate to encrypt the connection to the signalling server, which improves connectivity for some devices

Yes, that was how i guess the issue and tested it.

thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)