Does or will Scirra have an optimization service (paid of course)?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Not that I need one right now, just curious in case I embark on a larger project and run into performance issues?

• Ashley does offer to try to figure out user type issues occasionally, but checking an entire project would be implausible.

That can't be automated, and would need nda's,... and possible peer revue, if they were to implement a service.

I doubt they would want to deal with setting that up, and I really doubt they would want to endorse a third party.

• We are a small company and our limited resources are already the main bottleneck in our ability to do things like write exciting new features. Adding extra workloads on top of this, even if we charged for it, would likely make this worse.

If you have a large project and think the engine is not performing well enough, I am happy to profile it and see if there are any obvious hot spots in the engine that can be optimised, which I do from time to time already. However if the project itself is not efficiently designed, that will generally be something we leave to the user.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We are a small company and our limited resources are already the main bottleneck in our ability to do things like write exciting new features. Adding extra workloads on top of this, even if we charged for it, would likely make this worse.

If you have a large project and think the engine is not performing well enough, I am happy to profile it and see if there are any obvious hot spots in the engine that can be optimised, which I do from time to time already. However if the project itself is not efficiently designed, that will generally be something we leave to the user.

I haven't run into any performance issues myself, as my project is still quite small, but are there any resources for best practices within Construct floating anywhere so perhaps I can avoid possible those kinds of headaches down the road?

• Performance tips

Much appreciated!

• How much would you be offering ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)