runtime 3

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • i tested runtime 2 and runtime 3 , for me runtime 2 is faster and uses less memory , any one has the same result ?

• If you can make a minimal project showing a performance regression in the C3 runtime, I'll happily profile it and see what is going on. The C3 runtime is in general significantly faster, we have a range of benchmarks showing big improvements across the board.

• i tested runtime 2 and runtime 3 , for me runtime 2 is faster and uses less memory , any one has the same result ?

Yep, purchased recently C3 and was a litle bit disappointed after opening and converting my game to C3 runtime... While on my main PC (with good CPU and GPU) debugger shows much better results of performance with C3 runtime (fps is clamped 60), but on older PC's (I tested on 3 different old machines which runs with Win XP, Win 7 and Win 10) C2 runtime shows better or same real fps, but C3 runtime looks like use more memory. On my iPad Air C2 runtime shows about 30 fps and with C3 runtime about the same (iOS 11.4.1). Tested on iPhone 8 but can't say much about real fps because it's clamped with 60 in both cases.

Must to say another a bit sad thing - I can't even remote preview project on iPad Air with not optimized animations (cropped frames) it's just crashes on loading (with both runtimes), but in Construct 2 remote preview it can load and run it.

I noticed some minor strange bugs in c3 runtime like extra slow remote preview on devices (which connected over wi-fi in the same room) when on host machine ESET firewall is active; strange issue with different brightness in game and jiggling sprite animations when previewing in safari (only on devices, and with low or medium downscaling quality, before cropping animation action - after cropping frames this bug is goes away)... But i think this will be fixed in the bright feature of C3 runtime. ))

Sorry my english. Hope my info will help a bit in a developing C3, cheers!

P.S.: Oh, forgot about little difference in gamepad control in C3 - looks like actions which triggers by gamepad conditions "executes" after all other actions in event sheet, hard to say exactly it was a bit wierd... But I fixed this quickly by adding Wait 0 command before actual actions (like changing animation for a family with sprite objects) and reordering some actions. This doesn't happen in C2.

Update, yes this one was easy to recreate:

hmmm, checked this in C2 and it behave the same.... (variable sets to 1 only by pressing jump button on a keyboard, but remains 0 while jumping on gamepad from xbox)

P.P.S.: Noticed another funny bug (after opening c2 project in c3 with even c2runtime), on one of the layouts that uses Noise WebGl effect on one of it's layers with multiply effect - whole level (all layers below this one) was duplicated and mirrored in layout )))) I deleted Noise effect and add it again and all works fine after. It's more weird that same layer with noise was on another layouts but this bug was only on one of them))) -- experimenting more with this bug I found that it's repeated while I have effects order Noise then Multiply and no another effects after it and layer isn't transparent... drive.google.com/file/d/1R0--RlQrL_TMC2ij0I-sFsbgvndqRNli/view

• If you run in to any issues please file them on the bug tracker following all the guidelines, otherwise we can't help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My game was memory usage 97m in construct runtime 2 , then i just changed runtime to 3 memory usage 140 and became slower ((((((((

• If you can make a minimal project showing a performance regression in the C3 runtime, I'll happily profile it and see what is going on. The C3 runtime is in general significantly faster, we have a range of benchmarks showing big improvements across the board.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)