Replace Color Effect

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: click, coin, damage, fail, jump, level up,message, shot
  • I think there might be a glitch in the C3 Runtime. I have an event: On start of layout; Set effect replace color, parameter index 1, to: Dictionary.Get("Player_1_Cape_Color") and the color is replaced with black. So I opened the debugger and found the dictionary key: "Player_1_Cape_Color". I copied the key value. I duplicated the same event as above except instead of: Dictionary.Get("Player_1_Cape_Color") I pasted the key value: rgba255(255, 0, 0, 255). This works perfectly.

I know it is not the parameter because I tried parameters 0 - 5. I also duplicated the same event as above except instead of: Dictionary.Get("Player_1_Cape_Color") I put 0 and the cape was black there too. I don't know what is wrong. Is there a glitch in the C3 Runtime, or am I not doing something right, or can you not replace the effect with an expression like that? Can anybody help me? Ashley?

• it might be a timing issue... how and when are you setting setting the dictionary key?

Try adding a "Wait 0" action before the action that replaces the color. That might give it the time it needs to finish initialising the dictionary. (Just a guess)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • it might be a timing issue... how and when are you setting setting the dictionary key?

Try adding a "Wait 0" action before the action that replaces the color. That might give it the time it needs to finish initialising the dictionary. (Just a guess)

I tried that and it did not work. Thanks anyway.

Like I said in the event I set the dictionary on the start of the layout.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)