Rent-to-own payment model

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Instead of a 'subscription', how about a rent-to-own payment model?

3 options:

• 1 time payment of $500 (guessing a 5 year development cycle)
    • 5 yearly payments of $110 (total $550)
    • 60 monthly payments of $10 (total $600)

That way if your budget allows a single purchase or yearly $110 payment you can do it.

But if you only work occasionally and need it for a couple of months a year, you can pay for the months you need to have export functionality. The software works so that you can build/test games, but won't export unless you are current with your payment. Once you've paid off the software it is permanently unlocked.

For many, $10 is much easier to come up with a month than $110 once a year.

• I too would much rather a rent to own model, even if it makes C3 more expensive initially.

• I think there is some merit to this idea. Things have changed compared to what we knew on the 1st day of announcement (since we can now likely expect a standalone version of the IDE and not just a browser based version).

If the subscription were rent to own, perhaps after a certain amount of years subscribing you could own the standalone IDE. You could still subscribe for the web-based IDE and cloud services, but if you didn't want them you could keep the standalone IDE and lose access to the web version/cloud services.

Or, at least reduce the subscription fee to something minimal, at that point, if you chose (still with loss of access to the web IDE/cloud services).

Once you reached that point, perhaps after a year or two they could release C4 and start that all over again.

• If there's desktop, I'm in favour, as I've said.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I see all of the complaints about the subscription model and all I can do is laugh at the fact that I pay more than $100/year for freakin' AVG anti-virus lolol.

Yes, that's laugh...not cry...not...crying...into my coffee...

• I see all of the complaints about the subscription model and all I can do is laugh at the fact that I pay more than $100/year for freakin' AVG anti-virus lolol.

Yes, that's laugh...not cry...not...crying...into my coffee...

More fool you, mate.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)