Remore preview with Debug. Is that possible?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • While developing multiplayer games with C3, I miss the chance to do the remote preview with the debug. With C2 it was just a matter to copy and paste on a new tab/window the address, with C3 it's not possible.

On C3, if I start the Debug Layout and copy it's address on a new page, I will be asked for the remote preview code (that isn't displayed anywhere).

If I start the remote preview and I try to add /debug somewhere, it doesn't work.

I have tried preview.construct.net and preview.construct.net/debug but in both case it doesn't work.

Is there a way to do it?

Rely on logs and create temporarily UI just to alter variables during tests is incredibly time consuming and inefficient with developing time and budget, especially when working for clients.

Any solution about it?

I have seen some concern in the past, and the work in progress plugin for local preview on the forum from tarek2, Mikal and Chadori. Does that cover the debug as well with local preview.

What's the solution that everyone is using? Am I perhaps missing something that is already build on C3 and I don't notice it?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Biim Games, by holding Alt while clicking Preview or Debug will launch an additional window instance every time, which works similar to your mentioned multiple browser window support in Construct 2.

This is what I use to reliably and instantly preview or debug multiplayer games, compared to remote preview where the project has to be loaded each time.

• Thank you very much Chadori!

I own you a few hours of help if you might need it in the future!

You saved me so much time and stress! :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)