How can i reload an iframe?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A sound pack containing 132 laser gun sound effects, including mono and stereo versions of audio files.
  • Hello,

After years of absence i decided to give construct 2 another go for one of my projects.

I downloaded a semi broken iframe plugin for it and i created a quick draft for my project.

Worked like a charm since it has a refresh command.

So i decided to buy your construct3 year plan so i can have the latest and greatest.

Now i am missing the refresh option and i am banging my head against the wall because my project depends on it.

Am i missing something? Is there an option i haven't used?

I just want the user to click a button and refresh the web page within the iframe.

Regards

• If you have a button that loads an iframe, it should automatically reload every time the button is pressed.

• Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately i am a bit rusty and i failed to understand what you are trying to tell me.

on press---> create object--->iframe ---> navigate to url?

And then what?

I have to destroy it every time the user presses the reload button, create a new one, set it size, set it coordinates and url?

And how do i know where the user is if he is navigating a site for example within the iframe?

How is it possible a community plugin from many years before to have the reload functionality and the official iframe does not?

Regards

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The solution to the problem is to execute a little JavaScript.

We use the Browser object and execute the command location.reload();

Cheers.

• Yes, if someone is navigating a site thru the iframe or creating/destroying the iframe, that does add more complexity. I would have been more helpful if your original post stated that. ;)

I created a tutorial app that uses thumbnail sprites for loading external videos in a main iframe. Every time the user clicks a different thumbnail, it reloads the main iframe. It's pretty simple.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)