Raspberry Pi 5 - WebGL issues

Not favoritedFavorited Favorited 0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Add instant cinematic glow and atmosphere to your 2D scenes.
  • I am loading a video. It plays fine on my computer, but causes other images on the screen to disappear on a Raspberry Pi 5.

    When video gets loaded on the Pi, I get the following errors:

    Video_mp4 is playing!

    c3runtime.js:1208 [Construct] WebGL context lost

    c3runtime.js:1213 [Construct] Suspending

    main.js:48 WebGL context restored

    c3runtime.js:1213 [Construct] Resuming

    c3runtime.js:1208 [Construct] WebGL context restored

    The video plays but any images that were on the screen disappears - only a grey screen remains.

    Buttons that were on the screen remain visible.

    Since all the images got destroyed when the video loads, I thought to create the images again after the context got restored, but it is now so screwed up - nothing new seems to be created.

    Video_mp4 is playing! << console message from Video_mp4 Is playing

    In Video Is playing, I create new image objects.

    When running on Raspberry Pi 5, new images are not created.

    Other notes:

    From what I've read, Raspberry Pi 5 can play MP4 H.265 video, but MP4 H.265 does not even load in Pi 4 or 5.

    I have this same context lost issue with Webm AV1, VP8 and VP9 in the Pi 5.

    Webm AV1, VP8 and VP9 loads fine the Pi 4.

    When running on my computer browser or on Raspberry Pi 4, new images are created as expected.

    MP4 H.264 video is 1MB. Same issues if I load a 250kb video.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 0 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 0 guests)