(r251-2) Build failed "error: checking java jdk and android sdk version" please help

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I've been getting this error all day please help

• Build tools 31 does not work with cordova afaik.

30.0.3 is the one to use. I guess this is part of the target31 update

• Build tools 31 does not work with cordova afaik.

30.0.3 is the one to use. I guess this is part of the target31 update

thank you but when will it be fixed

• Perhaps next update which might be next week.

You could go back to the latest stable version if your build is urgent, but you might need to fiddle with your project file to backdate it to work with the latest stable.

• Perhaps next update which might be next week.

You could go back to the latest stable version if your build is urgent, but you might need to fiddle with your project file to backdate it to work with the latest stable.

thanks yes it's very urgent I hope it gets fixed soon

• r251.2 is about 9 months old, released last June. Have you tried the latest stable release r285.3? I just did a test build there and it worked fine.

• r251.2 is about 9 months old, released last June. Have you tried the latest stable release r285.3? I just did a test build there and it worked fine.

yes new versions are working but since my old games are made with r251-2 I need to use this version. can you please fix this error

• Old versions are not maintained. Even if we issued an update, it would be a new version, and so you'd have to upgrade to the latest version anyway. Why can't you use the latest version?

• I actually also still use a rather old version (r270) to put out updates to my game because somewhere inbetween the save/load feature broke something :V I tried to look into it but couldn't reproduce it. I guess I should file it as a bug anyway...

Either way I don't think it's that unusual to do a code freeze.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Staying on old versions will probably cause as many problems as it solves. All the bugs, compatibility fixes, updates for specification changes and so on are in the latest release; if you stay on an old release you miss out on all of those and so will start to accumulate already-fixed bugs that nobody can help you with. Especially with Android, sooner or later the target SDK version requirement for the Google Play store will increase, and then APK builds by old releases of Construct will not be allowed to be published to Google Play as they still use the old target SDK version.

• Old versions are not maintained. Even if we issued an update, it would be a new version, and so you'd have to upgrade to the latest version anyway. Why can't you use the latest version?

All my old games use web storage and only run on r251.2, few days ago I was having no issues, why is this happening now? because I can't migrate some of my games to Local storage. Is there any way to fix this problem :(

• I also lock my games to an older version r268

This is because I have never found a C3 stable release version that doesn't have bugs the following weeks after upgrading it so even if I want to update many times I find it too risky to update to a new stable version because while there are many bugs fixes in the new stable release a new set of bugs will appear the weeks after (Bugs, regressions etc....) is not always easy to upgrade to a newer stable version, for me, I wait at least a month or more to see what new bugs will appear after that new stable comes out to see if it will break anything and if I see too many bugs I prefer to stay on the same version until I find some version that gives me the confidence to upgrade.

• All my old games use web storage and only run on r251.2

Web Storage was replaced by Local Storage about 7 years ago. It happened in Construct 2, before Construct 3 was even out. If you keep using retired features for years and years, you will inevitably run in to problems. This is why you should make an active effort to move away from deprecated features.

Having said that, we haven't touched the Web Storage plugin ourselves for years, so I doubt anything changed on our side. I wouldn't be surprised if some browser change broke it - perhaps browsers are finally removing it, as it was replaced by better storage solutions years ago.

You're probably best off just using the Cordova CLI and doing your own builds locally with a custom configuration. The build service is configured to work with the latest release, and if that ends up breaking old releases, we probably can't do much about it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)