Question on updating and localstorage?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • I am a couple of days away from releasing my first couple of games for Android and IOS. I have never done it before and just wondering...

I know if there are bugs reported you can update the files of the game. But would this affect the localstorage commands?

If someone has say got as far as level 100 and there is an update for the game. If they update the game will their localstorage be deleted?

I have seen reviews of some games where they complain about losing the level they were on etc.

• No, when you download an update to the same app, the localstorage data is preserved.

But you need to be careful though to ensure that the data from previous versions is compatible with the new version of your game. For example, if you added a new key to be saved in localstorage, make sure that the game still works when this key is not available.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No, when you download an update to the same app, the localstorage data is preserved.

But you need to be careful though to ensure that the data from previous versions is compatible with the new version of your game. For example, if you added a new key to be saved in localstorage, make sure that the game still works when this key is not available.

Thanks for the reply. No keys will be changed in updates I was thinking of adding more levels and power ups at a later date. I was just worried in case the local storage was overwritten when uploading a new version of the same game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)