Push out solid not working in 3d camera.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Push the Box Puzzle Game likes Sokoban made with Illustrator
  • Hello, so in my 3d camera game that is first person there is many buildings. I have added the solid behaviour to them. I also added the behaviour "custom" to my player. To make the player not be able to go through the buildings because I know that the solid behaviour doesn't always work in 3d, i made an event where whenever the keys wasd (my movement keys) is pressed it pushes out players from solid nearest. It used to work yesterday but today it for some reason is not working. I can go through buildings and my aim is not to. Is there any way to resolve this? thanks.

• Figure it out in 2d first. For things like buildings where the "vertical" portion of the object is perpendicular to the ground, 3d doesn't matter.

I don't recommend using the custom movement behavior unless there is something very specific you need that isn't covered by the other movement behaviors and you really understand how the custom movement behavior works to implement your solution.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for the info, but the thing is. For my 3d game im not using custom movement. I am using 8 direction behaviour.

• Make sure you didn't turn off collisions somewhere.

• Thank you for the info, but the thing is. For my 3d game im not using custom movement. I am using 8 direction behaviour.

In your original post you said you were using the "custom" behavior, and also mentioned push out solids. Push out solids is a custom movement behavior action, 8 direction doesn't have that.

If you can't describe your situation clearly or consistently, it will be very difficult to give you help or advice.

• Oh sorry, I thought by custom movement you meant player movement, my bad.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)