Promoting my app with Google Ads (my experience)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hi, I'm here to share my experience and to ask for others experiences.

One week ago I started to promote my app using google ads, got 24 resources for the campaign which includes lots of promoting images, texts and a video. After 6 days I got, according to play console, 394 installs in total and, for today(04/14/19), 122 active installs. However, when I check the leaderboard there are only two persons with their score submitted and It doesn't make any sense because, in my game, If you played at least once you must have your score submitted already.

Also, most of the promotion happened in India and some other countries that I believe is not interesting. I think that happened because my budget wasn't high enough to reach markets like US or Europe, where the CPI (cost per install) is much higher. But why only India?

Regarding to Admob, It is too soon to analyse because It will got real values only after a month, but the estimated values are quiet low and leaves lots of gaps between ad requests and prints due to our inability to create ad meditations since we only use one ad network, admob, which is the only option for us, C3 users. But the real thing here is that ad prints also matches, with small variations of course, with the installs showing in play console. And that info reinforces what I'm thinking about all of this, which is the use of bots by google.

Every statistic I find in play console, Admob and Google Ads fits the Idea. Why? In order to the number of prints be so close to the number of installs and the fact that ONLY 2 persons have score submitted on leaderboard lead me to think that all of them installed, ran it once, got one ad request at app start(Banner at the bottom), didn't played(otherwise part of the users would had seen at least one rewarded video) and then left.

Is this scenario real for any of you guys? Because I'm having trouble to believe that Google is using bots and generating fake statistics. I don't want to believe that google is wasting my money by committing f** fraud.

Would be very helpful some feedback from any of you guys.

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When i was creating admob account and had some issues i scrolled though admob forum alot. There was constant posts with reports that showed Indians are farming, recruiting for clicking, using bots, cheating etc with ads and making money. There are countless youtube videos and thous forums issue reports had some images claiming they earn alot with that(with cheating).

None of thous posts had any google admin replay, and some mods claiming that only way to report them is to click report inside thous apps.(If they somehow get banned your ads for promotion could be refunded)

So what could be happening: Indians get/make app, use bots to click ads(generating money). To make it real they might click add -> download the app that was shown... click something there -> uninstall -> repeat

From google perspective it's good, because someone has to click tough all thous bought ads so google can get their % cut and someone somewhere their %. Even if that is Indian ads bot farm.

From thous posts it seems Google has made reporting hard. And chance you get refund is low.

So your case could confirm it. Also there was topic on this forum that some apps that looks very cheap and bad quality are sold with high price, and somehow thous apps have 1 month earning super high. So thous bot farms earn their cut and sell app before they get banned.

Could be possible scenario.

• When i was creating admob account and had some issues i scrolled though admob forum alot. There was constant posts with reports that showed Indians are farming, recruiting for clicking, using bots, cheating etc with ads and making money. There are countless youtube videos and thous forums issue reports had some images claiming they earn alot with that(with cheating).

None of thous posts had any google admin replay, and some mods claiming that only way to report them is to click report inside thous apps.(If they somehow get banned your ads for promotion could be refunded)

So what could be happening: Indians get/make app, use bots to click ads(generating money). To make it real they might click add -> download the app that was shown... click something there -> uninstall -> repeat

From google perspective it's good, because someone has to click tough all thous bought ads so google can get their % cut and someone somewhere their %. Even if that is Indian ads bot farm.

From thous posts it seems Google has made reporting hard. And chance you get refund is low.

So your case could confirm it. Also there was topic on this forum that some apps that looks very cheap and bad quality are sold with high price, and somehow thous apps have 1 month earning super high. So thous bot farms earn their cut and sell app before they get banned.

Could be possible scenario.

And every single statistics enforces it. Well, Thank you very much for your input. I already excluded this country, unfortunately I already spent most of my credit.

This is so frustrating. What a disappointment.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)