Project files' security concern

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Find and Destroy all computer malware in this lighthearted security game.
  • The exported game has no security at all? Basically anyone can access EVERYTHING in the project. Images, any files in the project like arrays with dialogs, audio, scripts...even plain text I use to create a TODO list and personal notes. How the export doesn't block the access for all of this? Shouldn't be this way I think. Should we find a way to encrypt everything on our own or Steam and itch.io does that?

• You could encrypt it, but then all the materials are available in memory, so if anyone wants to steal them they just need to look there instead.

Welcome to the DRM arms race. It's probably not worth the trouble. Copyright law is a better way to protect your resources.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could encrypt it, but then all the materials are available in memory, so if anyone wants to steal them they just need to look there instead.

Welcome to the DRM arms race. It's probably not worth the trouble. Copyright law is a better way to protect your resources.

Does Steam adds some layer of protection once we upload the game?

• > You could encrypt it, but then all the materials are available in memory, so if anyone wants to steal them they just need to look there instead.

>

> Welcome to the DRM arms race. It's probably not worth the trouble. Copyright law is a better way to protect your resources.

Does Steam adds some layer of protection once we upload the game?

You probably shouldn't worry too much about it really. If you are doing a relatively small indie game - noone would even care to steal any of your assets. I have a game on Steam since 2017 (and working on a second one now) and it has no protection. Can't see any parts of my game anywhere yet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)