Problems in testing ads

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
StartApp Ads
$11.99 USD
[ C2 ] [ C3 ] support C3 build service | You can use Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Video Reward Ads.
  • Hello! Can someone help me with testing ads for my game? As far as I understand I don't need to connect the game to admob account (I just want to test it in the preview). I tried several things based on the documentation, but no ads show. If I use create banner advert on start of layout for some reason the screen gets black on the start of the game and nothing happens. I tried to do the same on configuration complete, but nothing happens (no black screen, but no ads either). I also call on banner loaded show the current banner advert, but again no result. I am doing all this in test mode, even added "TEST" to application id. Can someone help me with this please?

• Hello! Can someone help me with testing ads for my game? As far as I understand I don't need to connect the game to admob account (I just want to test it in the preview). I tried several things based on the documentation, but no ads show. If I use create banner advert on start of layout for some reason the screen gets black on the start of the game and nothing happens. I tried to do the same on configuration complete, but nothing happens (no black screen, but no ads either). I also call on banner loaded show the current banner advert, but again no result. I am doing all this in test mode, even added "TEST" to application id. Can someone help me with this please?

AFAIK, the preview will not show ads. You have to test on a device - silly and time consuming, I know. The black-screen issue is fixed in r90.2 - it's a bug.

• > Hello! Can someone help me with testing ads for my game? As far as I understand I don't need to connect the game to admob account (I just want to test it in the preview). I tried several things based on the documentation, but no ads show. If I use create banner advert on start of layout for some reason the screen gets black on the start of the game and nothing happens. I tried to do the same on configuration complete, but nothing happens (no black screen, but no ads either). I also call on banner loaded show the current banner advert, but again no result. I am doing all this in test mode, even added "TEST" to application id. Can someone help me with this please?

>

AFAIK, the preview will not show ads. You have to test on a device - silly and time consuming, I know. The black-screen issue is fixed in r90.2 - it's a bug.

I tried using the remote preview, and test in on my mobile, but it doesn't work either. This means that I need to actually create an apk in order to test it? Also about the black-screen, do I need to do anything to upload the version? I thought it is automatically done.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried using the remote preview, and test in on my mobile, but it doesn't work either. This means that I need to actually create an apk in order to test it? Also about the black-screen, do I need to do anything to upload the version? I thought it is automatically done.

Nope, you have to create an APK file and load it on a device . The r90.2 is still "beta", you can access it here :

https://www.construct.net/make-games/releases

• >

> I tried using the remote preview, and test in on my mobile, but it doesn't work either. This means that I need to actually create an apk in order to test it? Also about the black-screen, do I need to do anything to upload the version? I thought it is automatically done.

>

Nope, you have to create an APK file and load it on a device . The r90.2 is still "beta", you can access it here :

https://www.construct.net/make-games/releases

So I added the new beta and indeed I have no black screen, However, I want to export it as debug apk (I tried unsigned apk, too) and I get Build failed. I also can't open it anymore with the previous version of C3, as I saved it with this new beta release... do you have any idea why this is the case? Thank you!

• >

> >

> > I tried using the remote preview, and test in on my mobile, but it doesn't work either. This means that I need to actually create an apk in order to test it? Also about the black-screen, do I need to do anything to upload the version? I thought it is automatically done.

> >

>

> Nope, you have to create an APK file and load it on a device . The r90.2 is still "beta", you can access it here :

>

> https://www.construct.net/make-games/releases

>

So I added the new beta and indeed I have no black screen, However, I want to export it as debug apk (I tried unsigned apk, too) and I get Build failed. I also can't open it anymore with the previous version of C3, as I saved it with this new beta release... do you have any idea why this is the case? Thank you!

Sounds like a long shot, but did you switch out the icons? I had an issue with a failed build after changing the icons. I reverted back to the original icons and all was well again. Either that or, coincidentally, the build server corrected itself at that particular time.

• >

> >

> > I tried using the remote preview, and test in on my mobile, but it doesn't work either. This means that I need to actually create an apk in order to test it? Also about the black-screen, do I need to do anything to upload the version? I thought it is automatically done.

> >

>

> Nope, you have to create an APK file and load it on a device . The r90.2 is still "beta", you can access it here :

>

> https://www.construct.net/make-games/releases

>

Sounds like a long shot, but did you switch out the icons? I had an issue with a failed build after changing the icons. I reverted back to the original icons and all was well again. Either that or, coincidentally, the build server corrected itself at that particular time.

What do you mean by switching the icons?

• Sounds like a long shot, but did you switch out the icons? I had an issue with a failed build after changing the icons. I reverted back to the original icons and all was well again. Either that or, coincidentally, the build server corrected itself at that particular time.

• >

> Sounds like a long shot, but did you switch out the icons? I had an issue with a failed build after changing the icons. I reverted back to the original icons and all was well again. Either that or, coincidentally, the build server corrected itself at that particular time.

>

In your project, if you drill down through the folders you will see a list of icon images. When you create an app, if you don't switch those out for your own icons, the app uses those default C3 icons on the devices homescreen (a 'cog' shape). It looks tacky.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)