Problems to create the subfolders of the "Files" folder

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I am creating several subfolders under the "File" folder (project folder) and when I generated the executable using the NW.js, the subfolders weren't created and the files are appearing with the other files in the root. What I'm doing wrong?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are not doing anything wrong, this is how it's designed.

I believe you can move files manually to subfolders after exporting your game, but you will need to update all AJAX calls - replace "AJAX request project file" with "AJAX request URL -> subfolder/filename"

• Hi dop2000 thanks for helping me. I want to try your suggestion, but I don't know where I need to make this change. I am not using Ajax object but I believe it should be part of NW.js. Am I right? Do I need to edit some file or I've to do this directly on C3 event sheet?

• So what are these files for and how do you access and use them in the game?

• So what are these files for and how do you access and use them in the game?

These images are in the "Files" folder and I am loading them using "Load image from URL". I am also reading a text file using the NWjs.ReadFile command.

EDITED: Ok. I got it. I just included the folder name in front of the file name on the path and after I generated the files I created this folder and moved the file into it. Thanks for your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)