Problem with Mobile Ads plugin

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Support AdType ( AppOpenAd, Banner Ad, Interstitial Ad Rewarded Ad, MREC Ad) support c3 build service
  • Hi, I tried to publish a kids app, but i received an email like below.

Issue with your app

Your app contains content that doesn’t comply with the Families policy.

Reasons of violation

About the Families policy

We have detected that your app includes the deprecated Personalized Ad Consent SDK, which is not approved for use in child-directed services. The SDK has been deprecated in favor of the User Messaging Platform SDK and must be updated.

I disabled the consent, still same problem occurs. Kindly update the sdk as soon as possible.

• Starting with the next beta r254, the mobile adverts plugin will support Admob SDK 20.0.0 and higher. The update also includes the new user consent forms.

There will be more information about this next week, particularly around changes to the plugin and instructions on how to get the user consent form up and running.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Starting with the next beta r254, the mobile adverts plugin will support Admob SDK 20.0.0 and higher. The update also includes the new user consent forms.

There will be more information about this next week, particularly around changes to the plugin and instructions on how to get the user consent form up and running.

Will this effect developers of non-children's games?

I was going to start work on implementing AdMob into my game today, roughly following the method doondookstudio outlined in his video. Will the current changes effect any of these basic functionalities?

Thanks DiegoM!

• The changes to the plugin itself involve a few properties that have been removed and a few actions and conditions being deprecated because they don't make sense anymore. It's still used largely in the same way, so if you are setting it up now you can still follow that tutorial. You might need to change a few things, or maybe not depending on what you do.

The other big change is how the user consent form works. Now you need to setup another account in https://fundingchoices.google.com. This is asides from your Admob account. It is not difficult at all and can be done directly from the Admob account, but it is an extra step that wasn't needed before.

I'll go into more detail once the next beta release is out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)