Privacy Policy required

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hello! I did some modifications in my game, but only design related and when I tried to re-upload my game on Google Play I get this message "Your APK is using permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE)" Does anyone know why is this happening and how can I fix it? Do I really need to have a Privacy Policy? I export the game as unsigned .apk and sign it with the same key as I always do. Thank you!

• Hello! I did some modifications in my game, but only design related and when I tried to re-upload my game on Google Play I get this message "Your APK is using permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE)" Does anyone know why is this happening and how can I fix it? Do I really need to have a Privacy Policy? I export the game as unsigned .apk and sign it with the same key as I always do. Thank you!

The privacy policy is required because you have indicated your game is child appropriate. Without that indication, Google Play allows you to opt-out of the policy.

• > Hello! I did some modifications in my game, but only design related and when I tried to re-upload my game on Google Play I get this message "Your APK is using permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE)" Does anyone know why is this happening and how can I fix it? Do I really need to have a Privacy Policy? I export the game as unsigned .apk and sign it with the same key as I always do. Thank you!

>

The privacy policy is required because you have indicated your game is child appropriate. Without that indication, Google Play allows you to opt-out of the policy.

But I just uploaded a new version of the .apk, without changing any configuration in the google play account (last one I uploaded worked just fine). So can "child appropriate" behavior be inferred from Construct 2 or what exactly do you mean?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > Hello! I did some modifications in my game, but only design related and when I tried to re-upload my game on Google Play I get this message "Your APK is using permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE)" Does anyone know why is this happening and how can I fix it? Do I really need to have a Privacy Policy? I export the game as unsigned .apk and sign it with the same key as I always do. Thank you!

> >

>

> The privacy policy is required because you have indicated your game is child appropriate. Without that indication, Google Play allows you to opt-out of the policy.

>

But I just uploaded a new version of the .apk, without changing any configuration in the google play account (last one I uploaded worked just fine). So can "child appropriate" behavior be inferred from Construct 2 or what exactly do you mean?

When submitting your app, there is a check-mark that asks if the app/game is intended for children. I have found that if that option is checked, Google then asks for a privacy policy. If unchecked, they don't.

Google polices change so often it is possible that new requirements were introduced between your versions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)