Privacy Policies for Android

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi

My game is nearly done, and I want to publish for the first time on Google Play Store.

My question around the legal aspects. Do I need to set up a company or can I publish as an individual? Do I need a privacy policy if all I am doing is serving ads, and storing local high scores? If so, what’s the best way to generate a privacy policy and url (templates?).

Do I need a website for the game, to provide support details and a place for the privacy URL, or can I just host the privacy url through one of the template companies I have see?.

Thanks

S

• Here is my opinion, but keep it mind that it may be wrong!

You don't need to set up a company when you publish your first small games. Just be careful not to break any rules (copyright, data collection etc.), otherwise you personally may be liable.

You do need a Privacy Policy, there are websites that can generate a generic policy for you. And you will need to put it somewhere online, doesn't matter on what website, but the link should be accessible for everybody.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks. Looking at Facebook Instant Games checklist, and you have to associate the app to a business? I assume individuals can’t therefore publish to Facebook?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)