Preview over Wi-fi Super Slow in Mobiles

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • I had this problem since c3 was released the first time, in my first license I had to stop using it because it was slowing me down quite a lot plus its really frustrating to have to wait all that long just to do a quick test or while you fixing Bugs is not feasible, and some times you wait that long and doesn't connect you have to restart from beginning the whole process.

C3 Test 30 mb:

A lot of times it takes longer than this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndeucacq6pix0r7/c3%20test%20preview.mp4?dl=0

========================

The time it takes to make one Preview on C3 I can Preview about 13 Times or more using Construc2

Same Capx C2 Test

dropbox.com/s/ca9c0dkeqn7aguj/c2%20test%20preview.mp4

======================

Capx that used in both tests:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pz0w5a4nmqlsf4/preview%20ober%20wifi%20slow.capx?dl=0

======================

Is there anything that can be done to improve this on C3, we requested if you could add as an Extra the preview that we use on C2 so users can choose the best option that fit their needs, I personally think the c3 preview is really good to have it but is not useful for the everyday Test in home is more useful for if you need to share with someone occasionally for test and feedbacks. we need something like C2 Preview.

Request:

https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-618

Thanks for reading

• Agree, I have the same issue. Testing an application which uses the mobile accelerometer, so I really want to test on mobile to tune the experience. I have some rather large textures, so the app is a little larger. However, I have a reasonably fast network/wifi (200Mbps+), but the OTA speed/loading seems much slower than that. The main thing I am looking for is faster preview on mobile.

• Wooooow I'm really in shock Scirra

I'm not sure if you had any feedback for the new Performance improvements that you did to the "Remote Preview" compression to load faster on the last R183 Update but I would like to just quick leave a comment to let you know that you did more than an impressive job.

I been waiting until today for "Chrome 80" to become stable so I can test the new improvements and to be honest, I didn't spect much of improvements but finally today chrome updated to the version 80 and I couldn't believe the results while I was testing c3 Remote Preview, I had to test many times to actually believe it's real, it's been a nightmare for me until now as I couldn't use C2 as it freezes all the time the GamePad, especially with the new iOS13 and when I switch to work with construct 3 the loading times was crazy as you can see on the video.

So its been really a real pain and stressful to work like this all this time, I just wanted to finish this game with any means possible while thinking that I way have to change Engine because I couldn't work like this again, so Thank you very much for fixing the C3 "Remote Preview" it's like a miracle for me that this has been fixed.

The new results are impressive loads now even faster than c2, here are the results now using the same capx that I posted above which has 30mb:

C3 before: "7 min" or longer some Times

C2: 37 sec

C3 Now: 11 sec

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fq9kna7pujtn8iy/c3%20test2%20%28new%20performance%20update%29.mp4?dl=0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for sharing the info.

• It's great to hear it's faster now, but I'm a little surprised it makes that much of a difference - I'd have thought 50% faster would have been a great result, and even with the new compression, it skips compressing images because they're already PNG compressed, so it doesn't make any difference to that part of loading. Perhaps something changed in your network configuration (or in Chrome's way of negotiating connections) that meant it could connect over LAN and load at LAN speed, rather than over the Internet.

• It's great to hear it's faster now, but I'm a little surprised it makes that much of a difference - I'd have thought 50% faster would have been a great result, and even with the new compression, it skips compressing images because they're already PNG compressed, so it doesn't make any difference to that part of loading. Perhaps something changed in your network configuration (or in Chrome's way of negotiating connections) that meant it could connect over LAN and load at LAN speed, rather than over the Internet.

I was really surprised by the huge difference also, I had to test many times to make sure that it wasn't a bug or mistake. Also, I didn't make any changes to the Network or PC as it's been working great for me for a long time at least I didn't make any changes on my side though I'm not sure if Network provider did anything without I know.

Interesting I tested today again with an older version of C3 before you made the changes to the "Remote Preview" and still loaded fast like on my last results

I used:

-Same Capx Posted above

-r164.3

-Chrome 80

-iPhone8 iOS 13.3

Loading Time 11 secs

================

The most interesting part I picked up an iPhone running on a different iOS version and bingo the problem with slow loading came back again, here are the Results:

-Same Capx Posted above

-Last C3 r185

-PC Chrome 80

-iPhone6 iOS 12.3.1

-iPhone6 Chrome App Ver: 77.0.3865.103

Loading Time 9 Minutes

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gec9ullndon4ot/c3%20test3%20%28iphone6%20ios%2012.3.1%29.mp4?dl=0

================

So something is happening with the old iOS versions making it not very compatible with the C3 "Remote Preview" because as you can see I'm using the Chome80 + latest C3 update that uses the new compression that you did.

Can you please investigate what is the source of the problem and make sure that it doesn't break again in the future, I can help you in testing and debugging if you need to.

Thank you very much

• I was Wrong about iOS to be the problem I just tested it again on the same iPhone6 and the only thing I changed is that I updated Chrome App on the iPhone from (77.0.3865.103) to the latest (80.0.3987.88) not sure why would that make any difference as when the links opens the preview on the device it always opens with Safari and not Chrome but since I read many times that you explained that Chome is a skin of Safari so not sure I'm really confused now, one thing I know for sure is that the new Chrome 80 changed everything as is the first time construct 3 loads fast since it came out the first time, for all these years I always had 7+ Minutes Loading Time.

Here is the same Test with the same Phone that I used on my last Post:

-Same Capx Posted above

-Last C3 r185

-PC Chrome 80

-iPhone6 iOS 12.3.1

-iPhone6 Chrome App Ver: 80.0.3987.88

Loading Time 20 Seconds

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnxf08x377sa1lu/c3%20test4%20%28iphone6%20ios%2012.3.1%29%20%2B%20%28chrome%20app%20ver%2080%29.mp4?dl=0

• Ok I'm gonna stop now hehe as I'm getting very confused because I just test the iphone6 again that uses iOS 12.3.1 and is slow again, so it looks like 12.3.1 is not consistent, one time it will load fast and other times super Slow. The interesting thing is on the same "Remote Preview Request" where the (Iphone6 iOS 12.3.1) loads slowly I connect the other devices that run on (iOS 13.3) and they load fast in seconds so that means the iOS version it matters after all I think.

And to samurai everything:

-Devices running on (iOS 12.3.1) the Loading Times are still inconsistent, it can load fast or it can load super slow as you can see on the video

-Devices running on (iOS 13.3) has been Loading consistently super fast since I Updated a few days ago the Chrome Desktop version to 80 and they still haven't failed even once

-So Chrome80 has something there Good that changed everything as C3 never ever loaded fast even once for me all these years prior I update the Chrome version but for some reason has to be + in combination with iOS 13.3 because I have been using -Devices running on (iOS 13.3) + Chrome79 and it never loaded fast even once.

Most of the devices I have run on iOS 13 so that's really good for me.

That's all, for now, I think the last test I did where I connect all the devices on the same "Remote Preview Request" showed that Devices that have iOS 13.3 loaded fast and the ones that have iOS 12.3.1 Still loaded slowly so it's not about my connection because otherways it will load all them fast or all slow I guess, I hope it helps.

• It sounds a lot like something changed that allows direct LAN connections when previously it was transferring via the Internet. I read a while back about changes to WebRTC to use mDNS to establish local connections in a privacy-preserving way (without exposing your local IP). Maybe it's something to do with that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)