Please Help! Mobile Ads no longer showing

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi! I got a AdMob wearning that content is hiding ads in one of my apps.

I didnt update it for about a year and thought it may be cause the mobile advert plugin was outdated.

I opened the project in the latest stable C3 version and made a new debug build but I'm still unable to see the ads. Any idea why it's no longer working? It works in my other apps so I dont know what it could be.

I used this simple code for the Ads (plugin properties are set to app and publisher ID)

+ System: On start of layout

----+ MobileAdvert: [X] is showing banner

----+ System: Is ShowAds (True by default, false if IAP item is bought)

-----> MobileAdvert: Create banner advert "ca-app-pub-xxxxxxxxxx/x" size: Smart portrait position: bottom show: true

----+ MobileAdvert: [X] is interstitial loaded

----+ System: Is ShowAds

-----> MobileAdvert: Create interstitial advert "ca-app-pub-xxxx/xx" show: false

• I tried debugging again and opened the console in chrome and got some ad errors.

main.js:22 [C3 runtime] Worker mode is enabled and supported, but is disabled in WebViews due to crbug.com/923007. Reverting to DOM mode.

RuntimeInterface main.js:22

blob://:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

main.js:269 [C3 IAP] Initialising

7f97443e-a9e0-43fc-9cee-772895de03df:3102 Made with Construct 3, the game and app creator :: construct.net

7f97443e-a9e0-43fc-9cee-772895de03df:3102 [C3 runtime] Hosted in DOM, using module scripts, rendering with WebGL 2 [Mali-G76] (standard compositing)

main.js:269 [C3 IAP] Registering product "adfree"

main.js:269 [C3 IAP] store ready

7f97443e-a9e0-43fc-9cee-772895de03df:3330 [C3 advert] Event (configuration complete Error () Type () Amount (0))

main.js:123 Unrecognized feature: 'allow-popups'.

CreateElement main.js:123

main.js:123 Unrecognized feature: 'allow-forms'.

main.js:123 Unrecognized feature: 'allow-scripts'.

main.js:123 Allow attribute will take precedence over 'allowfullscreen'.

jquery-background-area.js:855 The deviceorientation events are blocked by permissions policy. See github.com/w3c/webappsec-permissions-policy/blob/master/features.md

(anonymous) jquery-background-area.js:855

12Failed parsing 'srcset' attribute value since its 'w' descriptor is invalid.

Failed parsing 'srcset' attribute value since its 'w' descriptor is invalid.

12Dropped srcset candidate "<URL>"

Dropped srcset candidate "https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/none/path/sf493ba6d50dc630c/image/i117a062d605b50d6/version/1573234914/image.jpg"

Dropped srcset candidate "https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=4000x3000:format=jpg/path/sf493ba6d50dc630c/image/i117a062d605b50d6/version/1573234914/image.jpg"

main.js:45 Rejection from 'advert' handler 'CreateBannerAdvert': banner ad failed to load

(anonymous) main.js:45

main.js:45 Rejection from 'advert' handler 'CreateInterstitialAdvert': interstitial failed to load

(anonymous) main.js:45

7f97443e-a9e0-43fc-9cee-772895de03df:3330 [C3 advert] Event (failed to create banner Error (banner ad failed to load) Type () Amount (0))

7f97443e-a9e0-43fc-9cee-772895de03df:3330 [C3 advert] Event (failed to create interstitial Error (interstitial failed to load) Type () Amount (0))

Is this a problem with the plugin or admob not serving ads? But they sent me a warning that ads are not showing in the app. Ashley

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I launched the app a few times and got a test ad! But it vanished again. Any idea why?

In about 20 tries I got an ad 2 times.

• Tried to enable and disable Test mode for Mobile Ads but even in testmode no ads are shown. Testmode should work even if ad serving is limited, right?

• If there is an error loading an ad, my best guess is there is an issue on the AdMob side. Maybe you should contact them about it.

• Just a random tip

Try exporting the app as "no minification"

• Thanks, seems it was a Google problem. After submitting a new version built with latest C3 version and requesting someone to check it (which takes usually 1 week) banners showed up again after only a few hours.

But I don't know why I get a warning for breaking rules when they break something. :/

I use the small minification option usually.

• Thanks, seems it was a Google problem. After submitting a new version built with latest C3 version and requesting someone to check it (which takes usually 1 week) banners showed up again after only a few hours.

But I don't know why I get a warning for breaking rules when they break something. :/

I use the small minification option usually.

Hey Bl4ckSh33p when you say you 'requested someone to check' your apk, do you mean you sbmitted your apk to Google support, for example via this form:

apk submission form

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)