Play At Object producing artifacts

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Can someone else confirm that you are hearing audible pops and artifacts when playing this sound AT object?

It doesn't happen every time, but it happens at least every other time you start the preview.

If you can reproduce, do you see something I am doing wrong using Play At Object?

drive.google.com/file/d/1b6NpRzEEfBNbTRBA9e3p2R0FbLrXzUGA/view

playing the sound normally (not at object) will result in the sound never having issues.. so I know it has to do with the "Play at Object".

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Tagged:

• dop2000 hey you seem to know about sound, any chance you can tell me what I am doing wrong here?

when I Play At Object, on some previews (not always but most of them) the sound has tiny cuts, giving pops and digital errors. If you just replace it with a normal play you will hear the sound how it should be.

I'm not sure what to do. I can reproduce it pretty steadily and frankly I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. I looked all over the forums so it must be something I am not doing or I'm just using it wrong.

I will probably end up just using the volume = lerp(-10, -100, abs(enemy.x-player.x)/1000) you mentioned in another thread. But I like how the Play At Object pans the sound based on direction, that could be interesting for what I am trying to do.

So I will scrap the Play At Object unless I can figure out what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I hear this static noise, but I don't know how to fix it, sorry. Maybe you should report this as a bug?

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues

• I seem to only experience the cut on the first sound played.

Possibly this has something to do with the audio engine in Chrome itself.

Making a bug report sounds like the best option at this time.

• Kyatric dop2000 thanks, glad it wasn't me! I will make a bug report.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)