Any More Plans For 3D

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
3D Car Pack 1
$2.99 USD
3D models + Rendered Low-Poly Cars in isometric, top-down, and side angles.
  • Hi, now you've given us a taster of 3D in C3, I was wondering if there are any plans for the following:

-Fbx/Obj import

-Fbx Animation

-Camera Control

-Lighting Control

I'm not asking for some full blown 3d PBR hyper-realistic 3D (Unity, Unreal etc) but if we could create simple 3D games with the C3 toolset/workflow it would be truly ground-breaking (Clearly blowing Buildbox out the water completely..which is super limited I might add)

Anyway, if there are no plans to add to the 3D features, even though the current feature is 'interesting to play with' it's just not enough and I hate you for teasing me with this. :)

Please let there be plans, oh please...

Cheers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Proper monetisation (and maybe more options of monetisation) should be given first priority than better 3d capability

• I think the monetization already seems very good and easy to implement. I have no issues with it on mobile. Maybe C3 is missing a Paypal option for web builds but that's a problem for all webGL engines at the moment it seems.

Regardless of priorities, I'd still love to see more 3D :)

• I think the monetization already seems very good and easy to implement. I have no issues with it on mobile. Maybe C3 is missing a Paypal option for web builds but that's a problem for all webGL engines at the moment it seems.

Regardless of priorities, I'd still love to see more 3D :)

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/mobile-advert-plugin-support-159946

Have a nice day

• Sure I would like more options to monetize on the desktop and web, but the ones available to Scirra are limited, and breaking into another thread to ask for them isn't going to help.

The biggest ask there would be for a complete Steam integration for the Windows Wrapper.

As for 3d, vertex color filters would be an obvious choice for me, and of course a z camera tweak would be a game changer.

• Sure I would like more options to monetize on the desktop and web, but the ones available to Scirra are limited, and breaking into another thread to ask for them isn't going to help.

The biggest ask there would be for a complete Steam integration for the Windows Wrapper.

As for 3d, vertex color filters would be an obvious choice for me, and of course a z camera tweak would be a game changer.

Construct 3 team is quite small to handle many things together. 3d would require good amount of work.

Have you even read the thread which I have linked? Not everyone develops for hobby and I am absolutely not interested in 3rd party plugin

• Have you even read the thread which I have linked? Not everyone develops for hobby and I am absolutely not interested in 3rd party plugin

There are no other options for web monetization than via third party.

Scirra has stated they will not peruse the use of third party api's because of all the issues.

They would prefer that the third parties themselves, or other developers do that.

• Er so 3D then? I was hoping someone that actually knew the answer would reply, but thanks for taking the time to get involved. Have a nice day too. 🙂

• Well they kind of have to have a long discussion of how animation would work.

I don't think bones and multiple texture/mesh's are going to happen the regular 3d way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)