'Phasing' of Physics Objects

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hi there,

When a physics object (let's call it A) is spawned on a position where there is an immovable physics object (B), A gets spawned at either the top, bottom or right of B. I think this is the physics system detecting there is a collision on two physics object hence it needs to move A to a position where it doesn't collide.

Now if I have B, C, D and E in the structure below, sometimes A gets spawned in the center and shakes weirdly - as though as the system isn't able to find the best point to reposition A.

B C

D E

This phasing is making the game appear to be buggy, anyone has any idea how to solve this please?

Cheers!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Without knowing your design constraints and goals, the way to solve this would simply be to not spawn physics objects on top of immovable objects, or allow for more room for A to spawn.

• Without knowing your design constraints and goals, the way to solve this would simply be to not spawn physics objects on top of immovable objects, or allow for more room for A to spawn.

I am trying to make a bomberman game where the player spawns bombs to break blocks. The blocks are in stacks of 4. When the player is just next to a stack of blocks and spawns a bomb, the bomb gets created in between the 4 blocks.

Any thoughts?

• There is no physics involved in traditional bomberman games, but if you need to use physics you'll want to leave more space for the bomb to spawn or maybe make your bomb smaller. Make sure that it doesn't overlap any other objects when spawning. You can also check your collision boxes to make sure they're not bigger than they need to be.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)