Petition to change Construct3 subscription payment

From the Asset Store
Angry Zombies - HTML5 Game (Construct 2 & Construct3)

Well, i think exporting will be easy if they use a vm in their servers to make directly the apk file and the xcode project.

About the pricing model, we need to consider the server maintenance costs, etc.

I highly doubt that will happen. They said they dont want any sort of native export/compiling.. Which sucks..

I've seen first hand the cost of running servers for Apps and scaling prices. It's going to be a huge drain on monetary resources for scirra to maintain a service like this. I don't think it would be feasible or fair to ask them to re-consider their pricing model.

As disappointed as I am, it is a decision that was taken years ago and a lot of work must have been put into creating this. I remember when GDevelop introduced their web service(free but also kept a native app) and my arguments were almost the same as they are now. The web is prone to crashes and takes bandwidth which is a huge deal where the Internet is not cheap. Also, they feel clunky to use.

I think construct deserves the money they ask and I have no problem paying it but I'm a casual developer who likes to create prototypes for the fun of it and not owning the software really bums me out. And to cover the cost of the servers they need to use these web service the money they are asking is justified so I'm just disappointed here. Feels like I lost a skill. No blame to the devs, it's just been a bad first day of Feb for me. First, the girl I like in the office left and now Construct moved to web and subscription model. It's just been a sad sad day.

Hi,

I love C2 and i am an Early-adopter.

I like to make games when I can and offline. Please consider to have an option for a C3 one-time payment.

I really don´t see any advantages in this new C3 subscription model.

I had experience with other softwares/companies that uses monthly subscription and I had to cancel my plan.

Now I look for softwares options with good price and flexibility...

I am a Mac user and waited long time for C3 release.

Best regards,

How about...

Business License: Subscription ($240/yr)

Personal License : Subscription ($120.00/yr)

Not Yet Earning: $60.00 (One Time)

Ashley , Tom ... Sorry about lately, that was my disappointment striking...

How about considering this?

don't worry, but if you could just try tone it down a bit would be much appreciated! I do understand your and everyone else's concerns.

Business edition prices are TBC in the future.

Rectify is wise, if they do not change they will lose many users

I really think you are making a mistake with the annual subscription.

I'm from Argentina. C2 user.

I have made my first game, Orange Adventure on Construct2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/510280/) but even though the game has quality, I do not live to develop games. It's more of a hobby.

And my situation is repeated in thousands of users who do not use the software for months, but then re-develop once time has passed.

South America it's a totally diferent market. A $99 year subscription is more expensive than an year Adobe Full suscription in my country.

I'm starting developing my second game in C2. I was looking forward to the C3 ads, but now I think I'll stick with C2 or GM2 instead.

I can not afford such a costly subscription for something I use a few months a year as a hobby.

I can not afford such a costly subscription for something I use a few months a year as a hobby.

Youll be able to use the free version of C3 that will cost you $0.00 per year.

> I can not afford such a costly subscription for something I use a few months a year as a hobby.

>

If C3 free edition is gonna be like C2 free edition it'll be borderline useless If they follow the Unity route on the other hand, that's a different story.

How about...

Business License: Subscription ($240/yr)

Personal License : Subscription ($120.00/yr)

Not Yet Earning: $60.00 (One Time)

Ashley , Tom ... Sorry about lately, that was my disappointment striking...

How about considering this?

A very well put suggestion! Thumbs up!

> I can not afford such a costly subscription for something I use a few months a year as a hobby.

>

if its the same as the free version of C2, that answer is everything but smart..

>

> > I can not afford such a costly subscription for something I use a few months a year as a hobby.

> >

>

> Youll be able to use the free version of C3 that will cost you $0.00 per year.

>

if its the same as the free version of C2, that answer is everything but smart..

+1

If they're gonna go that route then least give the player the full technical capabilities of the program but maybe leave out only the Monetization part for the Licensed versions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I've loved Construct 2 and I'm planning to keep using it, but I'm not earning money as to consider any suscription.

If Construct 3 can work offline, why not just offer the online services for that suscription and keep the one time payment for a license?

Most people here who use & enjoy C2 are hobbyist, myself included. I will not pay a subscription fee for C3.

My sentiments exactly.

with this price ... goodbye

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)