Z Order vs Z Elevation

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Did Construct 3 replace the term Zindex with Zelevation?

I am working in a project that is ported over from Construct 2 and now objects have both a Z-Index and a Z-Elevation property.

So I'm curious if they are different things or if they are the same then if I am going to have any issues since objects have both now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Z order is the same as Construct 2, the hierarchy of objects in a layer. Z elevation is the Z position relating to X, Y and Z co-ordinates, a camera view that adjusts to make the object look 3D.

• Z order is the same as Construct 2, the hierarchy of objects in a layer. Z elevation is the Z position relating to X, Y and Z co-ordinates, a camera view that adjusts to make the object look 3D.

Thanks! I will have to look into using that at some point - but at the moment I was troubleshooting a Zindex problem . . . which I figured out!

• It's worth adding that Z elevation overrides Z order. If you move something closer to the camera it will appear on top of everything else underneath it, even if you try to change the Z order. In other words the draw order is sorted by Z elevation first, then by Z order.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)