How do I make a Open world game

1 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • Hello friends, I want to make a Open world game like gta Chinatown war. Having top down graphics.

I have question about the game, I am confused what should I do of following:

1: make a big map with all cities.(in one layout)

2: make a different cities on diffeent layout

Please help me get out this problem???

• i hope i help you :

video :

construct.net/out

template C3S :

editor.construct.net

• Thank khaledmalkii,

but I didn't get my answer,

I want to know that which is easy and better

1) making a full game map(all different city) in one layout or

2) make deffrent city's in different layout.

• i thinks is better to make the map on many layout it will be faster and there is no pressure on the game

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Having one large layout with the entire city is much more difficult to do, but it is possible. So it's up to you what kind of experience you want the player to have.

Some things to consider if you want to do it the hard way and have the whole map on one giant layout:

1) This is more feasible if you have small / low resolution graphics (eg pixel art). You can get away with loading in more things if they are small and don't take up much memory.

2) You may be able to make use of render cells on some layers with a lot of static objects to cut down on the performance overhead.

3) You may be able to set up some sort of fancy optimisation systems such as saving the entire city grid in an array and repositioning objects to give the illusion of a vast city (eg. in reality there is only like 50 buildings but you keep shuffling them around behind the scenes whenever the player gets close to things so it looks like a huge location).

4) You can enable / disable groups of events when certain things are on screen or not. For example, you might have a group of events that makes a bus drive around the city: you could just disable those events if the bus is not on screen. This sort of thing helps make sure the player's computer isn't tied up thinking about things it doesn't need to be.

5) C3 has good memory management features that mean you can (eg.) unload an object's sprites from memory (which normally only happens when you exit a layout). This might be handy for certain things (eg. if the player collects the last powerup, you could unload the artwork for that item from memory since there is no need for it any more).

If all this sounds too technical, though - the much easier way to do it is just to build the city across multiple layouts with loading zones :)

• Thank you khaledmalkii.

It's right.

• Thank you so much mikehive.

I think it will better to make full map on a layout. It will give better experience to player.

As well as it fill more open-world game.

But it is to hard and time consuming 😌

• I have one more question.

Can I change my cordova project icon it is always

Is there any way to change it?????

• Thank you kyatric😊

• Creating an explorable life like city is extremely time consuming. I have no doubts that the 'Vehicle Switching' template took dozens of hours to complete. I've taken a few shots at creating a city myself, it's not easy, you need to think about and create the city's..;

* Layout; roads wide and narrow, which areas; residential, commercial, industrial etc and then put down the specific building shapes!

* Textures for the buildings, streets, graphics and animations for the vehicles and pedestrians, the list goes on!

* Traffic management; traffic lights, create a continuous flow of vehicles and pedestrians to make it feel world like

* And if you make it this far then you've only completed the city itself! You will still need to think of a theme, a storyline and code, write and create the missions, and create a system for money, weapons, enemies the list goes on...

This will take many months if not a year or more if you want something expansive and quality. I mean it's doable, but you'd best team up or have a lot of patience and persistence.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)