So how does one fix the WebStorage issue?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX One contains 400 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • I'm using demos to learn more about Construct. One demo that I love gives me this error every time I open it:

The runtime of this project cannot be changed to the Construct 3 runtime due to the following reasons:

Plugin WebStorage (WebStorage) is not supported in C3 runtime

The last time I had an issue like this someone told me to click on the event, press a key and suddenly the Function issue was fixed. But that was after trying to figure it out for 3 hours - so this time I thought I would ask before I spent hours trying to fix it.

Are there some key strokes that instantly fix the WebStorage issue, like the Function issue?

Thank you in advance.

• It is retired in C3. You need to use Local storage plugin for save data.

Thank you, that much I got. But I'm wondering if there is a tap X and Y and it's fixed, like it has been with other issues. (Like this fix for the old C2 Functions: right click on function name and select "Replace with built-in function". It will fix everything for you automatically.)

• There is no magic button. You need to manually replace WebStorage with LocalStorage. They aren't the same, so an automated mechanism doesn't work.

• blackhornet

Oh darn! I was hoping for a quick trick. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the info.

• Perhaps you might want to look into the demos actually provided and up to date with Construct 3 ?

This tutorial might be of help there : construct.net/en/tutorials/learn-construct-next-steps-45

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Kyatric,

I've never actually used C2. Unfortunately a lot of the demos that are found online are in C2 and some features aren't going to work in C3 soon. The popup warning that appears when I open this particular demo tells me that in July of 2021 the demo will no longer open in C3. There are going to be a lot of amazing demos online that won't work after July '21.

I wish there were an easy way to update all the C2 demos before the product is no longer supported.

• There are demo levels that come with Construct 3, you should be using them?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)