nothing loads in latest stable build

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your own beautiful snowman in this fun game!
  • So, been out since October of 2018, coming back to return and work on what i worked on a year ago, doesn't work, so i figured ok, try the demo projects in review, nothing loads to run, Safari gives a generic, not useful error that it just broke, and nothing runs on the iPad.

I haven't tried windows yet, but clearly if not even the demo projects will work on the iPad or Safari on the Mac Book Pro, it is not just my project that is broke, any general suggestions? This is bizarre

My Safari is reporting as:

Platform information

Browser: Safari

Browser version: 13.0.2

Browser engine: WebKit

Browser architecture: (unknown)

Context: browser

Operating system: Mac OS X

Operating system version: 10.13_6

Operating system architecture: (unknown)

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 1

Logical CPU cores: (unavailable, defaulting to 2)

Approx. device memory: (unavailable)

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.0.2 Safari/605.1.15

C3 release: r164.3 (stable)

Language setting: en-US

Local storage

Storage quota (approx): (status unavailable)

Storage usage (approx): (status unavailable)

Persistant storage: (status unavailable)

Browser support notes

This list contains missing features that are not required, but could improve performance or user experience if supported.

Rendering multiple on-screen Layout Views is slow in Safari due to bug 177132

CSS containment is not supported. Editor performance may be significantly degraded.

The <dialog> element is not supported. A polyfill is in use.

The Clipboard API is not supported. Some clipboard features may be unavailable.

Web Animations are not supported. Animations are disabled.

WebGL 2+ is not supported. Rendering quality and features may be affected.

ImageBitmap is not supported. Texture loading performance may be degraded.

Idle callbacks are not supported. Background loading performance may be degraded.

Determining input device capabilities is not supported.

Persistent storage is not available. Local storage could be deleted by the browser.

Storage quota estimate is unavailable.

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 1.0

Numeric version: 1

Supports NPOT textures: partial

Supports GPU profiling: no

Supports highp precision: yes

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6770M OpenGL Engine

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 16384

Point size range: 1 to 2048

Extensions:

EXT_blend_minmax

EXT_sRGB

EXT_frag_depth

OES_texture_float

OES_texture_float_linear

OES_texture_half_float

OES_texture_half_float_linear

OES_standard_derivatives

EXT_shader_texture_lod

EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic

OES_vertex_array_object

OES_element_index_uint

WEBGL_lose_context

WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc

WEBGL_depth_texture

WEBGL_draw_buffers

ANGLE_instanced_arrays

WEBGL_debug_renderer_info

Audio information

System sample rate: 44100 Hz

Output channels: 0

Output interpretation: speakers

Supported decode formats:

MPEG-4 AAC (audio/mp4; codecs=mp4a.40.5)

MP3 (audio/mpeg)

FLAC (audio/flac)

PCM WAV (audio/wav; codecs=1)

Supported encode formats: (encoding not supported)

Video information

Supported decode formats:

H.265 (video/mp4; codecs=hev1.1.2.L93.B0)

H.264 (video/mp4; codecs=avc1.42E01E)

Supported encode formats: (encoding not supported)

• additional debug info, this is obtained by the demonoire demo, just tried to simple preview it

Error starting preview:

Error: error fetching editor.construct.net/r164-3/plugins/platform-specific/facebook/channel.html (404 )

(anonymous function) — main.js:2:109786

asyncFunctionResume

[native code]

promiseReactionJob

• This is an error on Safari so far and iPad

[Error] Viewport argument key "minimal-ui" not recognized and ignored. (editor.construct.net, line 13)

Going to try a windows browser now, iPad is a dud, iOS is a dud with Safari. Maybe chrome will work.

• Ok well the only browser i can get to work is Chrome on my PC, i cleared out facebook plugin, got rid of it in my project and my project now loads in chrome, builds, and runs in preview, but the exact same clean project without facebook, still doesn't preview in Safari, (iOS) or even iPad, actually, still no projects work on my iPad or Safari, so in 1 year i take it that construct 3 dropped the support for iPad and iOS? I can't do a bug report or demo project because, well, it's a 100% break *shrugs* not entirely sure why right now, but its rather annoying to say the least, yes, i have cleared my cache, all the typical stuff, reset my browser, yadayada, i guess i will just deal with this in more attempts tomorrow, but the debugger clearly only shows me that 1 min ui thing, which is a known issue apparently, for iOS stuff and safari, says to never use it, but it is built into C3.

Yes, i have tried C2 and C3 runtime, just saying.

EDIT:

Ok, so i finally got it to work on the iPad, C3 runtime, use worker true, then i had to turn compositing mode to low latency.

Safari, still playing with the settings, but still nothing, no setting changes seem to matter...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok so Safari really boils down to this on every project, so can't seem to work out a fix for it in the browser settings at all.

Blocked a frame with origin "https://account.construct.net" from accessing a frame with origin "https://editor.construct.net". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.

_MaybeSwitchToMemoryFallback — localforageadaptor.js:19

Viewport argument key "minimal-ui" not recognized and ignored.

[Error] Unable to use local storage, reverting to in-memory store: (2)

SecurityError: IDBFactory.open() called in an invalid security context — kvstorage.js:22

"IDBFactory.open() called in an invalid security context"

_MaybeSwitchToMemoryFallback (localforageadaptor.js:19)

(anonymous function) (localforageadaptor.js:36)

asyncFunctionResume

(anonymous function)

promiseReactionJob

• Final Mac solution, on my macbook pro using Google Chrome, C3, using C3 runtime, no worker, low latency, that is the only thing that worked, Safari refuses to work under any circumstances.

macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

Hopefully there are other ways around this insanity, but for now, at least i am up and running, just haven't tried to actually build and deploy, rather scared of that at the moment, so many differences to disable just to get the editor to work, would rather be able to build equally across environments, but that is not going to happen it seems.

• There's a lot of information here, but I can't see any clear issue I'm afraid.

There is a known issue with tracking prevention in Safari 13 which is preventing login sessions from persisting, but it doesn't cause any major issues as far as I'm aware. The following log messages are related to that:

Blocked a frame with origin "https://account.construct.net" from accessing a frame with origin "https://editor.construct.net". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.

_MaybeSwitchToMemoryFallback — localforageadaptor.js:19

[Error] Unable to use local storage, reverting to in-memory store: (2)

SecurityError: IDBFactory.open() called in an invalid security context — kvstorage.js:22

"IDBFactory.open() called in an invalid security context"

_MaybeSwitchToMemoryFallback (localforageadaptor.js:19)

(anonymous function) (localforageadaptor.js:36)

asyncFunctionResume

(anonymous function)

promiseReactionJob

By the looks of your browser information you may also experience a bug when using TiledBackground or 9Patch objects in worker mode, worker mode has been disabled by default in the latest beta release because of this.

• Worker mode isn't supported on Safari so will just be ignored. Most of the settings mentioned would similarly have no effect and the console messages mentioned are of no significant consequence. It's hard to help without knowing precisely what the problem is.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)