NG-C3 Jam Request

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Match the rows with tofus to clear the rows before you pass the cook.
  • Been trying to contact you guys on NG but no reply so far.

From what I understand both License Owners AND Non-License owners are allowed to participate in the jam.

Please make this clear if I'm wrong.

The full version of Construct 3 will not be unlocked during this period so non-subscribers will be using the free version,

In the case I'm not I'd like to request you either

A) Impose the "Free Version" limit on license owners for the duration of the Jam B) Remove the imposed limitations for everyone during the duration of the jam C) BEST: Split the Jam participants into 2 categories: License oWners and NON-License Owners.

If you're expecting Non-License ow How is that fair? Are you expecting Non-License owners to stand a chance with the 25-50 event limit imposed?

C3 Jam URL: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1429819/1

• Tom Ashley

Can't you disable the limitations for the duration of this Jam https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1430332 ?

• That would be ludicrously expensive in terms of lost sales. A month is out of the question. We'd prefer to keep open jam events to a weekend-length duration, and even then, infrequently.

• An interesting idea for future jams would be to have users opt-in via the editor to a "jam mode" that would impose a rule set (be it a time limit, behaviour restrictions, event limit etc). Heck, the exports could be signed as part of a verification.

This is something I can only see being viable in a web based IDE.

This doesn't really add anything to thread, but it just popped up...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That would be ludicrously expensive in terms of lost sales. A month is out of the question. We'd prefer to keep open jam events to a weekend-length duration, and even then, infrequently.

Tom Ashley

I'm not going rogue and bringing up irrational anti-C3 arguments here. Just want this jam to be an equal playing field for everyone. Non-Subscribers are clearly at a disadvantage with this setup.

If it turns out a guy who already owns a C3 license ends up winning another one how do you think the others would react?

C) BEST: Split the Jam participants into 2 categories: License oWners and NON-License Owners.

You have 3 licenses to give away. The current NG pool allows for 10 winners.

Splitting the pool to something like this:

License Holders:

1st Place: Year's sub for C3, pig badge and sweet hamper

2nd Place: Pencils and pig badge

3rd Place: pig badge

4th Place: pig badge

5th: Pig badge

NON-License Holders:

1st Place: Year's sub for C3, pig badge

2nd Place: Year's sub for C3

3rd Place: Pencils and pig badge

4th Place: pig badge

5th: Pig badge

looks fair since you don't have to provide extra licenses neither does Tom from NG have to provide goods.

• License Holders:

1st Place: Year's sub for C3, pig badge and sweet hamper

A guy who already owns a license is getting the better end of the deal without a doubt so it doesn't reflect poorly on you.

NON-License Holders:

1st Place: Year's sub for C3, pig badge

2nd Place: Year's sub for C3

So you're giving 2 new guys a chance to own the license; everyone has a chance to win.

All you have to do is msg Tom from NG to add extra instruction like an extra tag in his submission:

'subscriber', 'nonsubscriber' or something and that'll do the sorting for you.

Please think about it.

• Your only thinking of it from a potential winners point of view. Their investment in the Jam is meant as promotion for both Construct and NG. Not just for contestants, but people playing the games. If a good quantity of the submissions are of "limited" quality, it's actually negative as a promotion.

• Your only thinking of it from a potential winners point of view. Their investment in the Jam is meant as promotion for both Construct and NG. Not just for contestants, but people playing the games. If a good quantity of the submissions are of "limited" quality, it's actually negative as a promotion.

That's actually a good point.

Though I still think solution C up there is the better option. I think they just looked at Solution B and decided.

"You wanna increase your chances of winning a subscription? Then subscribe!"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)