A New Visual Glitch.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Tweakable and easy to use effects for your projects.
  • I have not run into this before, but all of a sudden, when my game spawns an object that is located on another layout it flashes a little black square behind the object (approximately one tick and only on the first time the object is loaded in). This doesn't occur for every spawned object, but it now consistently happens with certain spawned objects that have never exhibited this glitch before. Any help would be truly appreciated!

Thank you,

~Daniel

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I found that putting the object inside the layout (outside the boundary for example) will prevent the black square from flashing.

• Also, if it didn't use to happen before, you could post it as a bug at Scirra's github page.

• Thank you, folks. Luke, I too realized that placing the item in the layout stopped the loading glitch, but there are 2 issues:

1) This never happened before.

2) I purposely don't have everything on the layout to cut down on image memory.

dupugub, can you walk me through how to find the github page?

Thanks again!

• Hi there. You should create a new issue and follow the template provided.

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues

• DannyV - did you report this? I am having the same issues since updating I think. I have some objects on a hidden layer that are suddenly flashing onto the screen for 1 frame at the start of the layout. No other changes other than updating.

• Unfortunately, I haven’t reported it yet because my project contains multiple plug-ins. In order to upload a testable version I am currently trying to reproduce the glitch in a new project. Please let me know if you find anything out!

• Instead of building a new file, I'd recommend you making a copy of your file and then start deleting everything, most importantly plugins, until you have the most simple project possible. You may even find the culprit while doing it.

After you simplify the project you may build a new one, because then it gets easier to replicate issues.

If you can't replicate the issue, at least you'll have a very minimal project, without plugins, to post to the issue on github.

Best of luck!

• I have encountered same visual glitch in my game. I think it might be related with Frame Rate Mode. I have changed Frame Rate Mode in Project settings from V-Synced to Unlimited (Full Frames) and glitch is gone. At least for the moment. Hopefully it will stay that way.

• Thanks for the suggestion, Onix. I never thought of that. As of right now, I just tried to put everything on the Layout at start.

• I have changed Frame Rate Mode in Project settings from V-Synced to Unlimited (Full Frames) and glitch is gone.

You must not do this when you publish your game, since it will cause extreme use of system resources, spin up fans, and drain mobile device batteries quickly.

• Thank you Ashley, I have noticed that game performance was slow. So I have changed Frame Rate Mode in Project back to V-Synced. However this visual glitch is back.

Looks like that:

When I hit enemy, then enemy spawns hit sprite animation. The first frame of that hit animation appears as a black square. But my hit animation don't have any black square frames.

If you have any idea why this is happening please advice. Thanks.

• I was mange to fix that visual glitch. I don't know why is happening. Perhaps Ashley could give an idea.

Anyways here is my fix in 3 simple steps:

1. As you see on Hit Animation finished I programmed to destroy that sprite. I have removed that line of the code.
    2. Instead I have added 0.1s delay after hitting enemy. After 0.1s Hit Animation is destroyed
    3. Just in case if Hit Animation is not destroyed the last frame of this animation is empty. So it won't be visible even if it will stay on the screen.

If anyone else propose better solution - please share. Thanks in advance. But this works so far and I hope it will stay that way.

• I'm afraid it's difficult to tell from just this information. If you think it's a problem with Construct, please file an issue following all the guidelines - we need all that information to be able to help.

• I have encountered same visual glitch in my game. I think it might be related with Frame Rate Mode. I have changed Frame Rate Mode in Project settings from V-Synced to Unlimited (Full Frames) and glitch is gone. At least for the moment. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Or the glitch is still there but as there's so many more frames per second you're just not seeing it at that rate.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)