A new way to create a hierarchy in the editor?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • The Scene Graph is awesome!

I'm using it with my students (both in high school and academy) and it's really straightforward for them to realise how to use hierarchies with triggers and the like, or as a way to connect an avatar with its Platform-powered collision box in a platformer. It's much easier to explain game design with those nice green arrows than using containers.

Still, they always struggle with remembering how to create a hierarchic relationship within the editor. Hold Shift + select both + right-click on the parent + pick Hierarchy > Add selection to this instance = huge complication.

The way they (and I) think is: we want to draw the green arrow from the parent to the child. Therefore my suggestion is: Please add a feature where you can just right-click on the parent and select Hierarchy > Add child: a green arrow would appear that can be connected to the child object.

Please tell me your opinion.

• I think this is a good idea. You should post it on the official suggestions page and see what the devs think.

• I usually need to add multiple children to one parent. Sometime like 20 different objects. So I can see how your suggestion may be useful, but I would also prefer to keep the current method.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I usually need to add multiple children to one parent. Sometime like 20 different objects. So I can see how your suggestion may be useful, but I would also prefer to keep the current method.

I would definitely keep the current method as well! It's very convenient for your use case and most users have already learned it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)