new beta keeps crashing.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Haven't had a crash with construct in a long time, but the latest beta is crashing for me consistently.

Error report information

Type: unhandled exception

File: editor.construct.net/r295/main.js, line 1732, col 149

Message: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'then')

Stack: TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'then') at Ui.g.Hb.tDa.Ad (https://editor.construct.net/r295/main.js:1732:149) at HTMLElement.Td (https://editor.construct.net/r295/main.js:1728:398)

Construct version: r295

URL: editor.construct.net/r295

Date: Wed May 18 2022 10:23:14 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)

Uptime: 825.5 s

Platform information

Product: Construct 3 r295 (beta)

Browser: Chrome 101.0.4951.64

Browser engine: Chromium

Context: webapp

Operating system: macOS 10.13.6

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 1.5

Logical CPU cores: 4

Approx. device memory: 8 GB

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.64 Safari/537.36

Language setting: en-US

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)

Numeric version: 2

Supports NPOT textures: yes

Supports GPU profiling: yes

Supports highp precision: yes

Vendor: Google Inc. (ATI Technologies Inc.)

Renderer: ANGLE (ATI Technologies Inc., ATI Radeon HD 5670 OpenGL Engine, OpenGL 4.1)

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 16384

Point size range: 1 to 2048

Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_color_buffer_half_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_float_blend, EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, EXT_texture_norm16, KHR_parallel_shader_compile, OES_draw_buffers_indexed, OES_texture_float_linear, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context, WEBGL_multi_draw

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The crash report seems to be related to right clicking on context menu options, which doesn't seem to be crashing in an obvious way.

Is that something you do regularly? I mean using the right button of the mouse to select context menu options.

• I right click on the "add Action" on an event line to pull up the list of options list like, insert above, insert below, add another action etc etc.

It could well be the cause as i've been adding a lot of comments to my code this way, come to think of it.

Don't know what you've guys done but its become very unstable now.

• Have you tried using C3 in the browser? Just to see if there is any difference.

The part where the crash is happening hasn't received any changes in years at this point.

• Are you sure? Because i use C3 just about every day now for the past few years, and i'm not doing anything different.

• I'm afraid from just this information it's usually impossible to tell anything about what might be going on. This is why we have the bug report guidelines: we need that information to be able to investigate and solve the problem. Try to find a way to reproduce the problem and file an issue.

• What would i say exactly when i filed the report? That apparently using the menu sometimes crashes the program?

I don't know why it's happening, i can't reproduce it, just that its only happen with the last release.

Perhaps you should make your crash reports more useful?

• This is why it's important to try to find a way to reproduce the problem.

We've already included everything that could be possibly useful in to crash reports, but they can't tell us how to reproduce the problem. That usually involves several steps before the problem occurs.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)