Need to signaling server script(or file)?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hello, I am new to forum. I want to use a multiplayer object. Sierra public server signaling link is said to be problematic and interupted. I want to buy the file and install it on my virtual server. From where should I buy this file and how to install it on the server?. Help me please

• If you need to ask, I'm going to recommend you not host your own signaling server. The free one works fine.

You can buy it if you insist, at construct.net/en/game-assets/tools/multiplayer-signalling-server-2.

• Thank you for your answer. But some people say that Scierra's free server is crowded and very interrupted. And that some peers may not find each other, as they may be hiding behind a similar IP.

Are there really these problems?

And whether these problems are related to the scirra free signalling server? Or will it be on my server too and it makes no difference?

• Crowded? I highly doubt that it would affect performance in any measurable way. As for interruptions, it has gone down before, but I probably wouldn't be able to keep a better uptime personally without investing some significant cash.

Peers not finding each other is usually resolved adding a TURN ICE server, which is generally speaking a paid service, separate from a signaling server. Hosting your own signaling server would be no different as far as connectivity goes for this type of issue.

Before you worry about signaling, you should make your game first (try the free service)... There will be plenty of time to figure out if you need your own down the line. The same amount of work is involved to set up your own now or later, so better to spend your money and effort when you actually need it rather than do it ahead of time when you might not even need it at all.

• thank you . Yes, your answers are quite logical. And I think everything you said is true.

• Honestly the free Scirra signalling server is perfectly viable to use - even if it was crowded, the signalling server is doing such little work as it only really exists to connect people together and provides a place to store a "room list" that other players can see.

• Thank you for your answer. So can I use it safely?

I have another question about getting a list of Rooms. Can I ask you that here? Or do I have to create a separate topic?

• You can ask!

I think there's an example on the Construct 3 start page, which shows you how to use the multiplayer "get room list" and then store the list of rooms in a "List" object.

Its not too complicated, I'd definitely recommend checking that out.

• Thank you .what is that example name and how to search it ?

• Remarkably, I checked the examples and couldn't find any multiplayer examples that use the game list, unless I'm being stupid and can't see it!

I could make a c3p file to demonstrate this, unless someone else does it before me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for making it. I want the player to be able to get a list of all the rooms and be able to search among them and connect to the room of his choice.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)