Do You Need To Be Logged On C3 To Save Progres?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
You must shoot down the enemy planes and eliminate them to earn points.
  • I'm having difficulties when I try to save making me lose the whole progress because to cancel the saving I have to refresh the web browser and lose everything.

Here is a video that I recorded after my fifth attempt to save as "Download a Copy" where it just gets stuck at 0% forever the problem is that to cancel I have to refresh the Browser and I have to start from the beginning all the Events.

After many attempts that I lost everything which gets very annoying having to start all the Events from the Beginning I said ok this Time I will save first as "Save to Local Browser" then after I do a second save as "Download a Copy" but after I did this I notice even the "Save to Local Browser" it didn't work as you can see on the Video Bottom Left Corner.

So at the End they where Both Stuck Tring to save

1-"Download a Copy" >>>>The One on the Middle of the screen with 0%

2-"Save to Local Browser">>>The One at the Bottom Left Corner with 0%

This happened many many Times, the only thing I can think of causing the problem is that I wasn't logged in or is there any known bug for this?

I was planning to try again c3 subscription but these things it really makes me wonder if I should wait longer until this thing gets more stable.

And the problem how we should report this as a Bug if there is no related to Capx to investigate, I can just make videos but I'm not sure if that will help to solve the problem.

Another thing will be Helpful if it was a Cross or a button just to cancel the Saving progress when we see that it got stuck so we don't lose the whole progress refreshing the browser.

Video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4f7ewiy4nlcuw5/C3%20Saving%20Bug.mp4?dl=0

I forgot to mention the Project is really small less than half Megabite

• No, you don't need to be logged in to save.

The best place to look for more details about a problem is the browser console - press F12 to open it.

• tarek2

Have you tried without the browser addons?

• No, you don't need to be logged in to save.

The best place to look for more details about a problem is the browser console - press F12 to open it.

Thanks Ashley I forgot about F12, I will do more investigation with the Console next Time

• tarek2

Have you tried without the browser add-ons?

To be honest, I didn't think about that, Good point I will investigate more Next Time it Happens as it may be one of those Addons as Today I did quite a lot of Testing but with the Desktop version and I didn't have any problems saving it worked quite smooth.

Thanks for the Tip

• Try closing the preview when you save.

Hi

Sorry, I didn't get what you mean, What preview are you referring to?

• tarek2 the game preview window in C3 shares a process with C3 itself ( at least in the current version of Chrome ) so if you game hits a bug that freezes the preview, or your game is very resource hungry, it will cause the editor to slow down/freeze. I think this is what is referring to.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • tarek2 the game preview window in C3 shares a process with C3 itself ( at least in the current version of Chrome ) so if you game hits a bug that freezes the preview, or your game is very resource hungry, it will cause the editor to slow down/freeze. I think this is what is referring to.

Cool Thanks for the Info Nepeo

I wasn't sure if she mistook the "Saving Window" that you see on the Video with the "Preview Window" as I didn't have any Preview Ruining Before Saving, Both Windows they look exactly the same can be easily mistaken just by just looking at video, to be honest, I never save while the Preview is Running but good to know Thanks for the Tips

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)